It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible I saw shadow being/beings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Alright I have been to this site and absorbed a lot from this site and thought that it is time that I begin to partake in some of the interesting discussions that take place here, so I finally joined. But enough with formalities and on to why I created this thread. While back I had a rather interesting encounter with what i believe to be shadow people. It wasn't too late probably around 11:30 pm or so and I was lying in bed, couldn't fall asleep (usually go to bed rather late, I'm a night Owl you could say) and it didn't help that my heater was on the fritz and it was too hot in my house, I need to have covers on me to sleep some deep seated thing I suppose. Anyway I sat up in bed because I couldn't get 5 minutes without my eyes opening again, in doing so I faced the foot of my bed and that's when i saw what to me looked like two figures adult and child and it almost looked like they were having a conversation which ended up with the taller figure (was a man) placing a hand on the shorter (child) figure. I freaked out, because there isn't any kids in the house and the only other male in the house was me. I tried my best to fall asleep and i eventually did. My mom is a nurse so she has some early shifts to do and i heard her making some noise downstairs as she got ready for work. I have pretty bad asthma and wheeze quite loudly at night and my mom always would check on me if she didn't hear me (make sure I was still breathing) I felt as if she was by my bed and so I opened my eyes to tell her that you know I was okay and to get to work already doing so I see a black shadow figure kneeling by me ( saw the head outline only so I'm guessing it was kneeling) i caught a glimpse of what time it was before i threw the covers over my head it was around 5 am. I stayed awake under the coves till my alarm clock woke me up, I asked my mom if she was kneeling by my bed this morning and she said no because she woke up late and ran out the door, plus she added "that's a little creepy why would I do that for?" So I ask you all people of ATS did I see Shadow people because I have no idea what witnessed. BTW I ruled out any sleep paralysis and I wasn't on meds besides my puffers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Star and a flag for you.

I'm afraid the brunt of everyone's attention is on the GFL Oct. 14th thing at the moment, but as a kind reply to you...

What you probably saw this go around were ghosts of the former occupants of where you are staying. I have encountered 'shadow people' before, and what I witnessed were really quick glimpses of figures out of my peripheral vision, sometimes acccompanied by a feeling that there is 'someone else there'.

There are several sources you can access to find more information about this phenomena - the most obvious source is wikipedia -

en.wikipedia.org...

I've heard varying degrees of faith from people in wikipedia - but they usually cite several other sources in their articles, so I'd check it out. Other good sources of information are:

www.shadowpeople.org...

paranormal.about.com...

I'm sure there are also other posts about this phenomena on this site as well.

I wish you well and if you turn out to have a haunting, I've had numerous people recommend to me that you should just tell them to "go to the light" or "kindly ask them to leave". Whatever the case - good luck.

Any questions, feel free to ask at anytime.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes. Shadow people are common and I've seen one myself. Out of interest, did any other phenomenon accompany the sighting? Do you recall your bed shaking at all?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a shadowy figure kneeling beside your bed and you just threw the covers over your head and tried to sleep?? I would have been a little scared. Some people have hallucinations when they are half asleep.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Laughing_Man

It's too easy for one person's senses to be confused, so relying on your senses to understand something you can't quite put your finger on is a flawed endeavour from the get-go.

Don't listen to the other people who say it's definitely shadow people or ghosts, as without being rude, no evidence has been gathered to show either exist, let alone what you saw was actually something, and that that something is actually a shadow person/ghost.

Deny ignorance. Be rational.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
First off, thank you for your replies I do know that this thread will go under the radar wth the whole Oct. 14 deal going on.

Thanks to mf_luder for the links I'll be sure to read them when I have some more free time.

To answer Cythraul's question no I didn't feel the bed shake however I have had some other phenomenon occur after that,but since it was in a different room in the house and I was a little groggy I just attribute that incidence to me having a very realistic dream. But who knows possibly could have happened, if you want to know more you can PM me as it didn't involve shadow people. However I have had dreams in which I lie in bed and am attacked by a shadow person and I know it's a dream because I fight back and win the battle although each time it's a different fight ( pretty ridiculous I know LOL).

To comment on Librasleep's post, I was scared and me throwing the covers over my head was my way of hiding from the fear like children do, but hey what works works!

And to dave420's post I understand where you are coming from but it wasn't as if it was pitch black at the time of the sighting. I have a rather large window which when the moon isn't covered by clouds, the moon lights up the room like a nightlight and that night it was very clear. So I wasn't completely relying on my senses i had decent enough light to see around the room and see most detail on furniture which made this sighting even more weird to me then other things that have happened to me. I usually try to find reasonable explanations as to why things occur be it paranormal or normal and usually come up with it quite quickly. In the end what I'm trying to say is that I'm not jumping the gun and saying, "hey look, I saw ghosts" but more, "hey I saw something I can't explain". Since it resembled some shadow being sightings which I have read on here I just put out the question to people with more experience on the matter for answers. However thank you for your input, I agree with the last part of your post!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by The_Laughing_Man]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Laughing_Man
However I have had dreams in which I lie in bed and am attacked by a shadow person and I know it's a dream because I fight back and win the battle although each time it's a different fight ( pretty ridiculous I know LOL).

Not ridiculous at all. If you did a quick ATS search for 'shadow beings' you'll find dozens of threads (some quite depthy) where lots of people have had that exact experience (of being held down or attacked by a shadow being in bed). It's a common phenomena and for that reason I take it quite seriously. I only ask about the bed shaking because that's what happened to me. It seems that it's quite common for shadow beings to manifest themselves kinetically as well as visually.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Really that's quite interesting I just thought it was my subconscious trying to deal with what I saw, maybe there is more to these dreams then previously thought.

As for your experience Cythraul was it a violent shake? Has it happened more than once? Did you feel threatened during these experiences? looking forward to your answers.

top topics

join