It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin mistakes fans for protesters at Va. rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

RICHMOND, Va. - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin mistook some of her own fans for hecklers Monday at a rally that drew thousands.
news.yahoo.com...

Smart as a box of rocks. No wonder when Sarah was compared to Dan Quayle the republicans were appaled that someone would say Dan was that bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That was hilarious.

You just know that she had that "zinger"" building up in her brain and was waiting for the right moment to use it. Unfortunately for her, the anticipation in her brain was too great.
I also didn't like the comment. It's as if she was putting down the protestors(her fans). She might as well have said "Our troops fought for your right to protest, so that when you do it, we can make you feel guilty about yourselves."

edit - clarification

[edit on 10/14/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am never surprised at this woman's ignorance. What should one expect from a journalism major who somehow found herself running for VP. I am not knocking journalism majors, only ones who feel qualified to run for the second highest office in the land. She is nothing more than a glorified beauty-queen, literally.

Huh, I just had a thought, do you think she wears those glasses to make herself look smarter?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

Nope. I am pretty sure she has worn Tina Fey glasses for a long time now

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think it's become pretty apparent that Sarah Palin is not that smart.

Like someone said above, Journalism is a fine major, but far from the more intellectually challenging ones.

Wasn't she a sports journalist?

I don't understand why the education of the candidates isn't brought up more. It also disgusts me, and I mean really makes me mad, when someone tries to make an argument that achieving the level of professor is a negative, or it is "elitism." Since when is education bad? And since when do people not want the brightest of their people leading them? (Of course I'm referring to some of the negative attention Obama has received for being a Law Professor)

Not voting, don't care for other reasons, but some of the arguments people make leave me scratching my head...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
she couldn't hear what they were saying so what ? .. that can happen to anyone .. of course Mr. Law Professor doesn't exactly sound too bright at times either ..

obama the stuttering bafoon

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dude77

She did hear them, and told them to shut up because she thought they were protesters. Isn't it a fact that to attend anything for the GOP you have to sign a Loyalty Oath? Or did that only apply to Bush in 2004 elections?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think this is the correct link.

The one in OP is one day off.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by dude77

She did hear them, and told them to shut up because she thought they were protesters. Isn't it a fact that to attend anything for the GOP you have to sign a Loyalty Oath? Or did that only apply to Bush in 2004 elections?

she heard them but maybe mistook what she 'heard' .. it happens
people are really reaching now

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And then you wonder why the hatred exists between both party.

so far we have she is smart as a box, this woman ignorance, not that smart

someone referring to Obama- doesn't exactly sound too bright

I don't think they got where they are without some kind of intellect.

All this bashing is why hatred exists. The sole existence of this post is just to bash Palin. Yes, hatred is alive and well.

and Obama supporters say McCain should only be talking about the economy.

The sweet smell of hypocrisy is in the air.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude77
obama the stuttering bafoon

If you are going to stoop to calling someone a buffoon, you could at least spell the word correctly. It softens the blow of a jab when you can't communicate it accurately.

Edit: Are you maybe referring to his skill on the bassoon?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
it only softens the blow UNTIL you click on the link

now going back to the topic .. it seems at this point that Palin's been branded a 'Dan Quayle' type character and thus whatever word she utters will be broken down and analyzed and the inevitable conclusion will be made that she's 'saying something stupid' or that she's coming off as an airhead regardless of what she actually said or what the context was .. well that's fine then .. but I'll come right back and point out your PRESIDENTIAL candidate's own shortcomings as well

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

Yes but we can't forget that she was also president of the PTA.

I thought that was hysterical, did you see how she waved off her husband?
Oh yes I knew that now get back to your spot.
She is ridiculous but at least she is good for a few laughs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude77
but I'll come right back and point out your PRESIDENTIAL candidate's own shortcomings as well

Goody! My candidate is Ron Paul.
Your turn...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
my candidate is also Ron Paul ..however .. he has NO CHANCE .. so I feel if I vote for him it will only hurt McCain who does have a chance

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dude77

Actually when compared to Dan the GOP was outraged and said Dan was never as bad as Sarah. How sad is that?

new topics

top topics

join