It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien invaders hit the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Alien invaders hit the UK

news.bbc.co.uk

From plague-harbouring crustaceans, to sprawling superweeds and allergy-inducing insects, invasive species are one of the greatest threats facing biodiversity today.

And they are not only impacting ecology - the economy and human health are suffering too.

Invasives are a significant threat to a large proportion of the world's biodiversity
Graham Madge, RSPB

An alien invasive species is a plant, animal or microorganism that is not native to an area, but has been introduced, either accidentally or deliberately, by humans.

All this week, BBC News will be taking a closer look at some of the alien invaders that are in the UK.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Bit overdramatic, title dont you think?, this is a story from the BBC posted at Monday, 13 October 2008 05:53 UK,

The subject is of Alien species(plantlife, animal, fungi) that is Not native to the UK, that has been introduced and Thrived in the Climate.
Pic From story:

They also Ran a similar story on Friday, 10 October 2008 09:47 UK,
Titled: 'Alien invaders hit the UK'

Maybe BBC have Been hanging around here...

Link For that is Below.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
[edit on 13-10-2008 by irevolution]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Hehe, yeah. Typical media. Feeding on what people are "concerned" about at the moment. Just another headline to sell the paper.
When did we lose consistent hardworking journalism. Seems it's all about numbers these days.
No wonder the economy went to #

Funny part is that it reminds me of that Simpson episode where they leave Australia on a chopper with a koala on the landing feed, haha

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Reminds me of my air pollutions class in college. The first thing the professor asked was "Which of the two are considered an air pollutant, a volcano spewing ash or ragweed."

I bet anyone can guess from the article which one it is and why.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

top topics

join