It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Alex Jones reviews Zeitgeist 2

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   






Alex plays clips of the movie, and analyzes various statements one by one. It sounds like he both agrees with some of their theories, but also sounds critical of the conclusions they have made.

I will be adding more comments as I have time to watch the entire thing, I believe Alex broke it into 3 parts.



[edit on 13-10-2008 by scientist]




posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just as Mr. Jones attempts to pinpoint the strategic motivations of the "global elite" in his commentary, one must also be aware of the motivations of Mr. Jones.

He is a "conspiracy profiteer" and as such must disagree with any conspiracy-related material not within the mythos he is promoting.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
He is a "conspiracy profiteer" and as such must disagree with any conspiracy-related material not within the mythos he is promoting.


I disagree with the way you have worded that. In that context, its almost as if you are referring to a "conspiracy profiteer" the same way as a "war profiteer."

The difference is that AJ is not creating the conspiracies, he just reports them, and perhaps emphasizes them to a degree, but he is not behind any of these things, unlike other types of profiteers.

Perhaps he exploits conspiracy theories - I would agree to that.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
AJ makes a few good points. I think he is right that machines and technology has been used predominately to enslave, rather than to free us.

I wish he would've comment on what he thinks about patents themselves. He didn't, however the clip is only 11 minutes, so there's more to it somewhere...

He twice mentions that the elites are motivated by power and the centralization of it rather than by greed. I think this might be a bit of a chicken and the egg situation, as it can be difficult to determine whether power causes greed or vice-versa.

One thing is sure the two often go together.

Good find Scientist



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alex Jones, like all of us, has an agenda. As far as I can tell he is a conservative christian. So his utopia would be a sort of hightech bonanza, where strong families raise independent children with little to no state intervention and using free market capitalism. Add in a church of some sort, although he rarely goes into depth about organised religion, which to me is suspect, because for example the Jesuits are almost certainly as big a part of this mess as your average illuminati family unit. Plus he is a fearmonger, to me he comes off a bit low frequency, ie, everything is about fear, keeping people from raising their own, private, personal, internal frequencies and liberating their spiritual selves. Which again would fit the traditional church agenda. He has great sources on the NWO conspiracy and perhaps the most comprehensive information source out there on the actual conspiracy of elitists but I don't think he is giving us the whole picture. I would not be surprised to see him trying to get people into some church in the near future, but let's see, I could be wrong.

Zeitgeist Addendum is a sort of communistic socialist utopia, and naturally that would clash with Jone's views. And he has a valid point about the elites, who infiltrate and corrupt any and all belief systems, using it to trick people to give up private property into control structures under their influence. That is a very valid consideration. Plus just how would we get to such a technological utopia? It would have to be a slow transition as people democratize the use of technology. However, I do believe the sort of cashless resource based economy they talk about is the way to go, I just don't really know how to get there, and I also think private property rights need to be maintained, people still need their space, although they could be more flexible occupation rights, where people own basically what they are currently occupying for as long as they want to, with the liberty to change as often as they see fit according to available property.

Somewhere between the two views exists a viable utopia for humanity, but it requires cooperation, love and getting rid of parasites, both economic and spiritual.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist
 
There is not just one approach that will bring down the corruption that is impoverishing people at this time. It will take many groups working independently and sometimes in collusion to put a stop to modern feudalism. Long term strategies will need to be non violent. I liked Zeitgeist. The ideas and strategies presented in Zeitgeist have merit.



[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by scientist
 
There is not just one approach that will bring down the corruption that is impoverishing people at this time. It will take many groups working independently and sometimes in collusion to put a stop to modern feudalism. Long term strategies will need to be non violent. I liked Zeitgeist. The ideas and strategies presented in Zeitgeist have merit.



[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]


I see no working model. No working model then NO Merit. Hook line and sinker the uninformed jump off the cliff. I like Alex speaking about the lies the movement stands for , but will not out right tell you. No religion, culture or nation states. And if you do not agree to the movement you too?.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zman
 

The idea of helping poorer people convert cars to alternative fuels and putting up solar panels everywhere are ideas the zeitgest movement support but other charitable organizations have yet to try.

Cash at this moment is enriching a few people who have insider information. They trade the currencies they know will crash for currencies which are strong. This is the worst use of intelligence imaginable. Even a barter economy, would be more fair towards people who are not conneceted with finacial insiders. Exchanging hard labor for paper ,in some instances imaginary paper, so that a few well connected people can devalue the hard work of the poor is not a system which can be allowed to continue. Zeitgest movement is nonviolent : walk away from a game where the cheaters are always allowed to win.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by zman
 

The idea of helping poorer people convert cars to alternative fuels and putting up solar panels everywhere are ideas the zeitgest movement support but other charitable organizations have yet to try.

Cash at this moment is enriching a few people who have insider information. They trade the currencies they know will crash for currencies which are strong. This is the worst use of intelligence imaginable. Even a barter economy, would be more fair towards people who are not conneceted with finacial insiders. Exchanging hard labor for paper ,in some instances imaginary paper, so that a few well connected people can devalue the hard work of the poor is not a system which can be allowed to continue. Zeitgest movement is nonviolent : walk away from a game where the cheaters are always allowed to win.


Helping poor people is what America has been about. ALternative fuels?.,which one. I want the Tesla Roadster, but can not afford it. Solar panels are very expensive. Why not looking into other technologies that work better, like hydrogen. Cash is what a working man wages are in. Barter is good for those who have ennough to barter with. Not good for the poor, so you by that action have excluded them. Zeigest movenment is living the way they want or you get re programed to what they want. How is that free. Walking away does not repair the problems we are in, we as people should use our power as citizens to force our govenment to listen to what we have to say. You really believe the dream land they show you , but have failed to produce. They can not, with out money. They can not without labor. They can not with 90 percent of the population against hair brained scram that does not even have a working model. Grow up, be awake, look around you. Do what is right. Not what they want YOU to do. They want you to break the law and follow them. Yep, pure treason it is.



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
AJ makes a good point here, in saying that although this whole Utopian concept is nice, who actually gets to decide what "equal" means under this Venus Project? As long as there are those to decide who gets what, and what an equal share is - there will always be a separation of classes, which leads to inequality.

EDIT: updated OP to include all 3 videos.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by scientist]



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zman
[/url]
Walking away does not repair the problems we are in, we as people should use our power as citizens to force our govenment to listen to what we have to say. You really believe the dream land they show you , but have failed to produce. They can not, with out money. They can not without labor. They can not with 90 percent of the population against hair brained scram that does not even have a working model. Grow up, be awake, look around you. Do what is right. Not what they want YOU to do. They want you to break the law and follow them. Yep, pure treason it is.



Walking away is the only way to stop abusers who are above the law. The more people walk away from this system the quicker it will fall. Our labor sustains this system. I don't care how people walk away from a system which feeds off of the seven deadly sins, they can join a commune, or they can join a convent ; they can pay off their mortgage , join a barter exchange.They can grow ,hunt, and gather all their own food. This is empowerment. Groveling and begging people to pay workers enough to survive reduces adults to the level of needy children. This is far away from being a grown up.

Generocity is another important weapon against the poverty culture which is taking over. Give to communes, convents and those who are being thrown out of their houses. Give to any group like zeitgeist which offers an alternative to our current inhumane system. Give without strings attached. "I'll give you twenty dollars if you take this pink pill. " Give to community garden groups which grow organic foods so that the poor have access to healthy vegetables. This is the best way to bring down the monument of dung which has been constructed.

Let us not ignore the important role that the lack of affordable transportation has played in destroying many bussinesses and destroying the livelihood of many families. Some people have been using their credit cards to pay their gas bill from driving to a minimum wage job. It is possible to convert a car to run on natural gas which is very cheap. Cheap transportation= greater economic opportunities.




[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]



posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Originally posted by zman
[/url]
Walking away does not repair the problems we are in, we as people should use our power as citizens to force our govenment to listen to what we have to say. You really believe the dream land they show you , but have failed to produce. They can not, with out money. They can not without labor. They can not with 90 percent of the population against hair brained scram that does not even have a working model. Grow up, be awake, look around you. Do what is right. Not what they want YOU to do. They want you to break the law and follow them. Yep, pure treason it is.



Walking away is the only way to stop abusers who are above the law. The more people walk away from this system the quicker it will fall. Our labor sustains this system. I don't care how people walk away from a system which feeds off of the seven deadly sins, they can join a commune, or they can join a convent ; they can pay off their mortgage , join a barter exchange.They can grow ,hunt, and gather all their own food. This is empowerment. Groveling and begging people to pay workers enough to survive reduces adults to the level of needy children. This is far away from being a grown up.

Generocity is another important weapon against the poverty culture which is taking over. Give to communes, convents and those who are being thrown out of their houses. Give to any group like zeitgeist which offers an alternative to our current inhumane system. Give without strings attached. "I'll give you twenty dollars if you take this pink pill. " Give to community garden groups which grow organic foods so that the poor have access to healthy vegetables. This is the best way to bring down the monument of dung which has been constructed.

Let us not ignore the important role that the lack of affordable transportation has played in destroying many bussinesses and destroying the livelihood of many families. Some people have been using their credit cards to pay their gas bill from driving to a minimum wage job. It is possible to convert a car to run on natural gas which is very cheap. Cheap transportation= greater economic opportunities.




[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]


Walking away from a person who needs your help is not the American way. Nobody is above the law, if the think they are they will eventually be caught. People who need you are people who need to have a employment and need to feel that they are someone. Playing the walk away game does not work, and it will fail. The best way to change the way of your surroundings is to help others with all you can, you say barter, but what happens when no one has anything of value to barter with and with barter you have haves and have nots. Where is the one ness in barter, I do not see it. All you say is do it this way the Venus Project way, it does not work as they have NO working product. I/we do all we can to help people, sure there are some people who take and take and do not give, so, we know in our hearts they do not, but we being human beings understand there insecurity and help them anyway. Would be nice to have a system that was not a system but all working for all with no strings attached , like the Venus Project which has too many strings and to many questions , and who the heck sets the rules in their governing world. There are good people out there, they do what they can, and if all do what they can when the opertunity arrises then we will all be better off for it, stop blaming a system that you disagree with and start helping people who as far as I can see need help. I get things for free that people throw out, I fix them and give them away for free. I grow crops and give them away for free too. Tell me there are others like me. Helping with out asking PTB for help. I understand your fustration with the system, but the Venus Project is far from the answer.

Sorry Sceintist I really am glad Alex said something

[edit on 10/13/2008 by zman]



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zman
 


no need for apologies, I agree with your sentiments. I think the Venus Project was a really poor way to conclude this movie/movement.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join