It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US commander says Iran trying to bribe Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

US commander says Iran trying to bribe Iraqis

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON8 (AFP) – General Ray Odierno, who commands US forces in Iraq, has accused Iran of trying to bribe Iraqi lawmakers in the hope of undermining an agreement that would allow US troops to remain in Iraq after the end of this year, The Washington Post reported Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I haven't seen this one before. I find it interesting coming form one of our generals. Although, in my opinion it is most likely propaganda, it scares me that we are making the case against Iran especially when taking into account all of the other Iran stories floating about. Especially, as I said earlier, that is coming from a high ranking US military official and on a reputable website.

Thoughts?

Regards,

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by vonvitt]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Odierno said, however, he had no definitive proof of the bribes, but added that "there are many intelligence reports"

yes yes we know how reliable those reports are

An agreement seemed likely earlier this year but Iraqi and US officials have now given warning that it is complicated by the Iraqi elections in January. While most Iraqi politicians privately accept the need for the Americans to remain, few are prepared to say so publicly, particularly before an election.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

looks like he is just trying to get his excuses in quick, if the polititians wont vote for it becasue of public disaproval america gets to vilify Iran for corrupting Iraq and can then blame it further if Iraq goes really pear shaped at a later date

the problem is the election is january and this agreement needs to be signed by January

new topics

join