It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching the "Assault Weapon" fear ramp up for an Obama/Biden ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here's one from Orange County FL sprinkled with fear-inducing half-truths:

"They could have gotten hit," said Clark, noting patrol cars provide virtually no protection against assault rifles.

Article

The reality is any centerfire rifle round would sail through a typical car. Be it a tiny .223 of the AR-15 or a gigantic 7mm Remington from a bolt-action hunting rifle. The later would probably sail through two or three cars given the right conditions.

If the goal is to prevent bullets from flying through cars then the typical "assault weapons" would here have to extend to cover all centerfire rifles from single to semi and I'm pretty sure a 50 call ball from a black powder gun would rip through a car door.

Any more media spouted AWB myths and semi-truths post them here. Your one-stop shop for "Assault weapons" BS.

I can't wait for the classics polymer gun undetected by metal detectors and "armor piercing" ammunition. After 20 years those two are still hysterical.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah the media is working overtime to demonize guns. Trust me, the powers that be would love nothing more than to disarm Americans completely.

As usual, the criminals in the story posted were not legal gun owners and were using stolen guns. The gun registration and ban laws have zero effect on crime or the criminals. They only create problems for decent citizens and help make sure there are plenty of helpless victims available.

It's a fact that areas with concealed carry see a dramatic decrease in violent crime. Suicides and accidents involving guns also do not rise in these areas and often decrease, probably due to the classes.

Though I'm fairly certain Obama will pursue gun ban legislation if elected I really don't trust McCain to protect gun owners and the 2nd amendment either. Maybe if people realized that we would be supporting candidates with proven records of constitutional adherence.

Before someone jumps up to start the old 2nd amendment debate, please make sure you've studied the written opinions of the founding fathers on gun ownership. They were all very clear that the 2nd amendment was meant to apply to all individuals, not just organized militias. Please post just one written quote from them which says otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i would love to see them come to texas and try to take our AR 15's away. now that i put a 6.8 upper on mine they wont have to worry about it going one or two cars, they need to worry about it going through your vest.

join