It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Be A Conspiracy Researcher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Read a book called Behold A Pale Horse by Milton William Cooper. I have no idea if any of it is true. I just know that virtually all of the conspiracy theorists I am familiar with plagiarize it constantly. They also never mention it. I wonder if they are afraid that people will realize that so much of their material was published in 1991.

By the way, don't just read the on-line descriptions of the book. Go to the book store and flip through the pages. Am I wrong, or is there truly nothing new under the sun?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I may ask, do you mean there is nothing new in terms of overall concepts or actual events?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Both. The book contains plenty of stuff that seems to be happening, or I'm being told is happening, now. I wish I remembered the specific details off the top of my head. I didn't buy the book.

I've only recently discovered how much fun conspiracy theories are. I admit that I enjoy it the same way I enjoy reading novels. I am no expert. But next time you are at Barnes and Noble, have a look. It''s in the metaphysical section. It surprised me.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I will gladly check that out!

I will admit, I have become a self-proclaimed conspiracy theorist nut and my friends are probably becoming sick of my diatribes. Initially, my interest in conspiracy theories originated from learning about "facts" about events that were never taught to me in high school, college, and/or the media.

Now, conspiracy theories have become a hobby to me...and I find myself reading about them, simply to know about more theories.

The problem for me, and probably others, is determining which conspiracy theories are actually founded in truth compared to others that are just so entirely far-fetched.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That's the fun thing about discovering these theories now. We're probably gonna learn the truth about some of them soon! Just remember, if the aliens show up on the 14th, then it turn out to be a government hoax, a lot of conspiracy theorists are gonna take credit. Check their date of first publication. I'm sure there are crooks and false profits on both sides.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Mean Red Spider]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I apologize for the spelling of "prophets". I'm watching football.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
One more thing. The title of this thread is meant to be funny. How to be a conspiracy researcher? Plagiarize Behold a Pale Horse. Virtually all of them do.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nice one. I always thought that book looked familiar in a lot of places....

I must admit though, its a pretty tough read.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
-just Downloaded the E-book....
I'll post more when I'm done, but never the less, I will soon be a CT pro, and be able to make some bank after finishing this read...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
With a bow, and a smile the private eye, enters the room. Hello all.

How To Be A Conspiracy Researcher

Ive been doing this for quite awhile now. Yes, its a fine are that is honed over years if you don't have a mentor. Ill share some of the secrets of the business.

Research is what a private investigator does, he looks for information, facts, personal observations. Once he has accumulate a sufficient amount he will then create temporary assumptions. Temporary because at some point in time he may be able to find the real missing bit of information or fact, that will support his assumption, or thesis.

The first rule is never, ever, come to a conclusion before you have searched for all the obtainable bits of the puzzle. This will depend on the size of the puzzle you are trying to solve. Finding a dog is simple compared to finding the origins and players in a complex conspiracy.

Second rule, never throw bit of information away. always store them somewhere in your personalized filing cabinet. Even the craziest idea must be stored, and I don't care how crazy it may appear.

Third rule. Start with a clean slate. Disassociate yourself from ideology that will hinder your ability to see things as they really are. If you are in a union, religion, group of what ever. Start at ground level and rebuild what you thought was true. Reason for this is simple. The bit of information you may be looking for might be in plain sight, but you cant see it because a dogma, or rule will not allow you to see past it.

Fourth rule. Follow your instincts, but don't be ruled by them. Always be flexible in your ability to reconsider any "Feelings" you may have. There are reasons for this. Always allow for a open mind, but as said long ago, don't fall threw it. Try to stay based in the real world and if you venture off into the land of oz, always have a tether or another person to pull you back to good old terra firma.

Im certain people have written books on the subject, but my simple rules should help anyone unravel the most complicated mystery.

1. Dont come to any conclusions.
2. Never throw anything away
3. Start clean
4. Follow your instincts

top topics

join