It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American History X

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A few nights ago a friend brought American History X over, while watching I noticed that Edward Nortons character had a tattoo of the letters D.O.C.

Ever since Ive been wondering what the letters stand for, does it mean "Deadliest Of Caucasians"?

This has been bothering me (I always sweat the small stuff) since I saw the movie, so if you know the meaning let me know.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
that movie scared me. neo nazis scare me!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Yeah, the movie is pretty heavy.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

Yeah, the movie is pretty heavy.

That was a great film, although very disturbing. I'm sorry I have no idea what that tattoo means.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Disciples of Christ

Name of a fictional neo-Nazi skinhead gang appearing in the movie "American History X." In the film, members of the gang have "DOC" tattooed on their bodies.

Others: www.adl.org...

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ha! I was thinking like Dept Of Corrections!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it stands for what group they belong to if you watched it carefully it tells you what it stands for in the film but i carn't remember what part exactly could mention it in a few places

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
American History X is a flawless A+ movie. I loved it. But can someone explain to me how can a little guy like Edward Norton suddenly get into such shape and dang, he was HUGE. From a 5'5" looking nerd to a 6'3" rookie.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I still think there could be another flm to be made out of it a sequel
if almost carrying on with his older brother if done right it would be a good film. As for the terminator loveing conner he's a coke head now or was last time I read about him.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You like Ed Norton in American History X?

See Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper, an earlier reference point.

Neo-fascists exist in many pockets of the globe.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfektLie
American History X is a flawless A+ movie. I loved it. But can someone explain to me how can a little guy like Edward Norton suddenly get into such shape and dang, he was HUGE. From a 5'5" looking nerd to a 6'3" rookie.

Tell me about it! Edward Norton was totally beefed up for that movie! His character in Fight Club was half that size...

If you watch AHX again though, notice that Notron's legs have nowehere near the build as compared to his chest ot arms....I thought that was kind of funny...

Totally agree though - An incredible movie! I only wish more people could watch it and understand the message it conveys...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i liked the part when we got to see Faruza Balk naked....
-j; )

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I saw it tonight and I was amazed. Great acting from Norton. The film was very dark, moody, compelling, sad, and powerfully disturbing.

Its sad though that some people see past the real message. Its a favorite among skinheads near me, sad though that they cannot see that this is an anti-skinhead film that shows the ignorance of racism and hatred.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Its a favorite among skinheads near me...

That is pretty sad....I guess it just goes to show their own ignorance....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Its a favorite among skinheads near me

errr...that kind of says it all really, I guess the meaning of the film was completely lost on them even though it ain't exactly ambiguous about it.

As MA said another great flick to check out is Romper Stomper, as is Alan Clarke's Made In Britain with Tim Roth.
Someone showed me a film called The Believer about a Jewish Nazi as well, that was also very good.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Another great movie that's semi-related here is Max...

Imagine a world without Hitler....or rather....a world with Hitler as a poor and desolate artist....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thats a wicked movie!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just watched the movie for the first time yesterday.. Thought it was a great movie.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
ive seen the film numerous times and it is an excellent film, some might not like it. My girlfriend thinks its very extreme, especially with the issuses it deals with in the film.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
one of the best movies ever. very shocking ending, expected norton to get shot but furlong gets it. very sad ending...almost brings a tear to the eye, its a masterpiece. your always going to have some people denounce the film because it's too violent...they should get used to it because that's what life is about. the closure something (a movie, a book, an article) gets to real life, the more some people will try and find something against it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join