It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Battleground Virginia, a Tale of Two Ground Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

In Battleground Virginia, a Tale of Two Ground Games

www.time.com

With so much at stake, and time running short, Frederick did not feel he had the luxury of subtlety. He climbed atop a folding chair to give 30 campaign volunteers who were about to go canvassing door to door their talking points — for instance, the connection between Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden: "Both have friends that bombed the Pentagon," he said. "That is scary." It is also not exactly true — though that distorted reference to Obama's controversial association with William Ayers, a former 60s radical, was enough to get the volunteers stoked. "And he won't salute the flag," one woman added, repeating another myth about Obama. She was quickly topped by a man who called out, "We don't even know where Senator Obama was really born." Actually, we do; it's Hawaii.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salon.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president
Palin: Obama Is ‘Palling Around With Terrorists’

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Who is Frederick? That would be GOP Chairman Jeffrey M. Frederick. He's 33 years old. And it seems he's learned a thing or two from the false equivalency tactics used by the McCain/Palin campaign.

Guilty by association tactics again. Now it's the McCain/Palin Republican soldiers out in the field who are leading the charge to stir up anger and hate.

"False equivalencies" is what other reporters are calling it:

Here is the top Republican official for the State of Virginia comparing Obama to Osama bin Laden and provoking claims that he hates the flag and isn’t really even American. The raw tribalism and resentments that are being stoked here, and the pure hatred against Obama based on his Terroristic Foreignness, is unprecedentedly ugly and dangerous, and reporters who dismiss and minimize it all through false equivalencies and other justifications are doing nothing less than aiding and abetting it.
www.salon.com...

Wildfires are raging in California. McCain and Palin are stoking flames of anger, hate, and bigotry everywhere they go. Now we get a glimpse of GOP Chairman Jeffrey M. Frederick the "top Republican official of the State of Virginia" adding fuel to embers -- and commanding his troops to take those flames house to house in Virginia's neighborhoods.

Frederick's mission is not to deny ignorance, it is to nurture it and exploit it. Children shouldn't play with fire.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First let me say I do not support either of the two major parties.

This is the problem with an un-vetted candidate. He has been so secretive about his past that all this speculation could be true.

Obama has come out with multiple different statements about his relationship with Ayers, first it was he's just a guy in my neighborhood, then it was well yes we worked on two boards together but I didn't know he was a terrorist, then it was well I thought he was a reformed terrorist. So what kind of relationship do they have?

There is a picture of him not saluting the flag. Then also there is a lawsuit underway that Obama is trying to tie up in court instead of just releasing the proper documents.

It is all valid speculation.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It's not even speculation. These are actual factual statements. Senator Obama launched his political career from William Ayer's living room. William Ayers blew up the pentagon as well as other things. He has never disavowed his actions. He has said recently "he didn't do enough". There is ample documentation of a long term friendship between Mr. and Mrs. Obama and Mr. and Mrs. Ayers. Mrs. Ayers was also part of the Weather Underground and she thought (in her words) that Charles Manson was "groovy". Mrs. Ayers and Mrs. Obama have worked together repeatedly.

There are pictures of Senator Obama refusing to salute the flag. These are not photo-shopped. He didn't want to salute the flag because "there are countries that would find that offensive". WTF?

This is also his rationale for why he originally would not wear a US Flag pin. Other countries... who might not like us... and he wants to be Presidet.

He attended a church for over 20 years on a regular basis. The Reverend Jereimiah (sp?) Wright's church. Google Rev. Wright. Perhaps you'd like to listen to his sermon where he repeatedly says "God Damn America".

Now I don't know about you, but this doesn't make me comfortable with Mr. Obama. He gave a great speech in 2004. That doesn't qualify him to be President. I would hope that African Americans are not voting for him BECAUSE he was black. That would be racism. Even Martin Luther King says as much.

AND he may not even be eligable to run for President. He won't turn over his birth certificate. He was born in Kenya. He has campaigned for Odinga in Kenya. Odinga committed genocide on his own people.

If you are supporting Obama, you need to do some real soul searching and some internet research. These are real facts, not made up smears. The man is not who he says he is.

If you don't like McCain, then vote for someone else. But for God's sake don't vote for Obama. You may just live to regret it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I don't find the "speculation" to be actual speculation. What Frederick is doing is encouraging McCain/Palin canvassers to promote false equivalency arguments to undecided voters. Frederick's aim is for undecided voters to see Obama and Bin Laden as like villians who are responsible for committing the same types of crimes and sharing the same ideologies.

What Frederick is doing is abhorrent. Instead of illuminating factual important issues, the canvassers will devote their drive to trivializing the McCain/Palin campaign. While the initial fear tactics might work, the undecided voters will return to the issues that matter most to them, and because Republican volunteers aren't choosing to focus on finding out what those issues are and addressing them, the undecided voters may end up not voting at all, resenting the McCain/Palin campaign for wasting time promoting nonsense, and/or voting for Obama.

top topics

join