It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain said as the crowd booed and shouted "Come on, John!"

politico

Wow, this guys is really off the wall. First, he has ties with terrorists, his name has hussein, could be muslim, blah blah blah...

But now, we shouldnt be scared. Ill tell you what, Im scared of this erratic flip flopping.

I want to know what all the people here think, who are scared of obama, about mccains comments

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So if his supporters call Obama a terrorist or shout kill him and McCain says nothing he is encouraging them, and if he stops them from saying it he is erratic?

McCain says Obama should come clean on his ties with Ayers , I agree with this. McCain has never said anything about Obama being muslim or his middle name.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Sir, there is a fundamental difference when party spokesmen call Barack Hussein Obama and calling Barack a terrorist and a traitor, and McCain saying we shouldnt be afraid of Obama.

Someone asked McCain if we should be scared of Obama, he says no. Yet he runs an ad that CLAIMS HE IS ALIGNED WITH A TERRORIST. Its called McCain pandering to whatever crowd will listen. One second, hes a terrorist sympathizer, the next second, hes a decent man and we shouldnt be cared of him.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I agree with Dark, do want him to reason with the crowd or let the crowd chant terrorist. Can't have it both way. If anything it should be admired that he has such nice words for "that one".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
McCain knows he's not going to win.
All those who have lost have said this.
Except they usually wait until after the election loss to say it.
This is another example of McCain BLOWING the campaign.

BTW - I completely disagree. We have much to fear from an Obama Administration. MUCH.

Originally posted by bknapple32
Wow, this guys is really off the wall.

YEP. Totally.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When I heard this I went like

The comment had to be made though! But it just leaves confused and I think Sen. McCain and his campaign are doing two different things and McCain either:

1.Do not agree with what his campaign is doing,

2.Don't has control his campaign,

3. Is realizing that he is not going to win the Presidency and is trying to cut the attacks in order to be in good light when Obama takes the White House.

4. Is trying to cut the attacks and refocus on key issues,

5. Trying to control his supporters in this town meetings where words like "terrorist", "traitor", "kill him" and racial slurs are been recorded by TV cameras.

I really never understood the McCain campiagn, is like never really got on track with a cohesive message. First it was reform, that didn't work and they turn to "change" which oviously didn't resonated with the people, then the economy when to crap and he didn't had a message for that and now is ironically "Obama the terrorist" and his core supporters listen to that and now he wants to move away from that also.

Obviously the "Obama is a terrorist" line of his campiagn has been rejected but his ultra-right supporters are not going to let it go so easily, the problem was that Sen. McCain didn't need it to go there, specially now when the people that he is tying to persuade, independant and undecided don't fall for this kind of crap.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention once again the error that was bringing Gov. Palin as his runningmate, a VP running mate is supposed to be there to help you, not to destroy you, I think Gov. Palin for many reasons has completely destroyed the McCain chances, it was too political, a big bet on bringing Hillary Clinton supporters that didn't deliver.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
And which party spokesman would that be?

Obama has a relationship with Bill Ayers, the American People deserve to know what that relationship is and for how long that relationship has existed.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The ad talks about Obama's judgment and is a very legit question. Obama should answer the questions.

First, he said ayers was just somebody in the neighborhood.

Today he says he knew what he did but thought that ayers was rehabilitated.

More seems to come out as he gets more pressure. Maybe his 30 minute infomercial will answer the questions.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Bunch, you hit it on the nail. McCain campaign has constantly sent out mixed messages. I kinds think their is somebody behind the scene who is trying to make himself a Karl Rove name.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
First, he said ayers was just somebody in the neighborhood. Today he says he knew what he did but thought that ayers was rehabilitated.

Next it will be - 'that's not the Bill Ayers I knew'.
That's what Obama always says with these things.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
And which party spokesman would that be?

Obama has a relationship with Bill Ayers, the American People deserve to know what that relationship is and for how long that relationship has existed.

For the second time in three days, the speaker at a McCain campaign rally used Barack Obama's middle name "Hussein" in a demeaning fashion to ignite the crowd. Speaking in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Bill Platt, the GOP chair of Lehigh County, twice referred to "Barack Hussein Obama" minutes before John McCain and Sarah Palin were set to take the stage.

This was the second time in three days.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If association is the issue here, then maybe we are all forgetting who's pastor commited acts of terrorism against a woman who he percieved to be a witch...

...you know, organizing a mob, running her out of town and even shooting her snake.

If it is going to be an important issue to you, then perhaps you should make sure the other side in this election doesn't have their own terrorist association's.

(especially nut-job religious ones...and yes, the act and the mindset that provoked it was 'nut-job')

Go ahead, tell me that isn't terrorism.

[edit on 10/10/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow

McCain says Obama should come clean on his ties with Ayers , I agree with this. McCain has never said anything about Obama being muslim or his middle name.

You see the issue here is not whether or not Sen. Obama should come clean, the issue is why Sen. McCain wanted all this time to bring this up? Timing is the issue, it reeks of desperation, he now can't control his crowds and most importantly THESE IS NOT THE ISSUE THAT UNDECIDED AND INDENPENDENTS wants to hear about, they want to hear about three things:

1. economy

2. EcOnOmY

3. ECONOMY

What is surprise me is than it this town hall meeting, they let people that are clearly so uneducated get on the mic and say all this ignorant things.

And don't get me wrong both candidates has supporters that are clearly uneducated but apparently Obama knows where to hide his during campaign stops.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Is Hussein his middle name or not? Then what the hell. Use it. People are free to interpret his name as they so choose. The same percentage who thinks he is Muslim are the same percentage who will feel his name is related to terrorist. Rest of people will see it as his middle name and nothing to be embarrassed about.

Did you see the video where a lady called Obama an Arab and McCain defended Obama at his rally?

Why not post that one and give credit where credit is due?

I also think you should post the words McCain said before McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My anger defies description. I was looking forward to torches and pitchforks. Someone isn't getting any tonight...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Someone asked McCain if we should be scared of Obama, he says no. Yet he runs an ad that CLAIMS HE IS ALIGNED WITH A TERRORIST. Its called McCain pandering to whatever crowd will listen. One second, hes a terrorist sympathizer, the next second, hes a decent man and we shouldnt be cared of him.

Obama DOES have ties to a known and admitted terrorist and McCain's ad is calling Obama's judgement into question.

McCain isn't pandering - he's one of the few politicians that speaks the truth regardless of how the polls might respond and by putting himself on the line the way he did, in defending Obama to his own supporters, is just further proof of that.

I'm watching the clip right now - they are airing it on Fox news. And McCain is simply, once again, speaking his mind despite what the reaction would be. That's an honerable trait and one that Obama would do well to follow. People in the town hall meetings have been getting brutal in the way they have been talking about Obama and McCain doesn't want it to go there the way Obama LOVES his supporters to be abusive of McCain and his supporters.

McCain said mutliple times during that town hall meeting that Obama is a decent and good family man and even put the record straight when a woman said that Obama was an arab/muslim!!!

There is nothing wrong with McCain pointing out Obama's lack of judgement and there is a lot RIGHT about McCain telling his supporters that Obama is a decent man.

Why are you nitpicking at things that McCain is doing while letting your own candidate get away without any scrutiny? What's up with that?!?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

come on bunch, do you hold musicians responsible for controlling their crowds?

And not everyone wants to hear about economy. Just talking about economy isn't going to fix it. If anything it brings up more anxiety because of all the gloomy words they use. If 700Billion dollars can't fix it I doubt them talking about it day after day will do anything either.

Uneducated people....do they not also have the right to express what they feel? We may not agree with what they say but they also have freedom of speech. But you are also right that maybe McCain should be more selective.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Once again, with judgement in association being such a sticking point: Why do those calling for more on Ayers continue to ignore Pastor Muffie (sp?)?

Find something to stick with and hope nobody finds the guilt on your side.

Makes me wonder if those who rant with it truly care about it...or if they are looking for anything to hold on to.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
For all of you that did not paid attention to the democratic primary. Sen. Obama did already address this issues.

All this things about Ayers, Rev. Wright, if he was a muslim or not, if he use drugs or not, ALL OF IT, and still beat Hillary Clinton.

So why you think he would NOW take the time to answer all this AGAIN, when he is clearly leading in all polls, national polls, state polls. Why? Obviously his message is resonating with the people and the independent and undecided are turning a deaf ear to McCain attacks.

Is not that he wont answer the questions, is that politically he don't need to. In the democratic primary he HAD too answer because it was hurting him politically, here in the presidential election is not.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
He did the right thing. Some people are getting carried away. That's what i think he's trying to move away from. He doesn't want that. He's questioning Obama's character because of his ties to Ayers and ACORN. He's not going to get into the whole "Muslim" stuff. He's above that. I generally think McCain is a good man, IMO. He wants to win the election, but he also loves his country. I don't think anyone can doubt that. If things keep up the way they are, it's going to get VERY UGLY.

I know some may say, "What's he doing?" I'll tell you what he did. He drew a line in the sand. He's right in wanting to question Obama's tie to the double A's, but i think he doesn't want it to go farther than that. People shouting "terrorist" really is ridiculous.

I also think...what you just seen was the REAL McCain.

You can call me crazy.....prior to this i was leaning for McCain but was thinking about not voting at all.

He just took my vote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join