It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF they found life on mars, would that change your ideas on religion???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
sorry im REALLY not trying to disprove you or christianity i am just typing my ideas as you are...

i agree with you...

God knows all but does not tell us for some reason...

they are many mysteries about the world that nobody can understand untill they die...

i also dont expect to meet any other species in heaven...

i love DBZ also...

thank you...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

God knows all but does not tell us for some reason...

He doesnt tell you because it would be a waste of breath. I mean do you really think God has any right to tell us anything? No. He doesnt.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Would it change my ideas on religion? Hardly. I believe that all life is part of the Divine. Life on Mars? Whee! The more, the merrier!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

if He is ALL truth he will tell us ALL and not hide the truth because that itself is a sin and this would make God not God.

I think your putting words in Gods mouth and not very cogent words at that.

The existence of God cannot be proven or disproved, because religion is based on Faith and Faith has nothing to do with science. If a supreme being of the universe does exist, I do not think we are capable of understanding what "it" is. We might think we know or have a clue, but that's just our human ego.
Personally, I don't think that everything around us is here because a confluence of chaos. The universe is staggering in its immensity. The only "truth" that humans can glean from our tiny fraction of time spent sentient in this Universe, is that we should be humble. How truly sad it would be, if human society is the apex of all there is and all there ever will be, in the Universe.

Variable

[Edited on 3/25/2004 by Variable]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is infinity with gods I believe every living thing got their own god the god power come from your own will.
What good does religion bring? And what bad does religion bring? If religion never existed would the Humans be long long way in the future compared today?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The Bible doesn't say that Earth is the only place with life. Early Biblical writers could not include a blatant mention of life on other planets as they were men. Not gods. It was not possible for them to be aware of extraterrestrial life on other planets.

But early man obviously did suspectt that something is out there. All early forms of worship were based on astronomical aspects - even the Bible has angels who dwell outside of the Earth's hemisphere. The Sun and the stars are clearly objects of reverence within the Bible.

Personally, my belief is that there is one creator who created everything. Life, the Universe and everything that it holds, is a product of the one God. The only way the credibility of God can be questioned if aliens appear is if you believe in multiple gods.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I asked this question to a friend of mine who is a devoted born again christian, and her response was, it would not change her view on what she believed for she thinks that every life outside earth (she based it on the creation story where god only created life on earth) is the work of satan.

Personally, it would back up my idea of the bible not the inspired word of god but another myth just like those of the babylonians, greek/romans.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i guess it wouldnt change my ideas on religion but we will have to wait and see...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join