It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush deploying military forces in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
en.wikinews.org...

Just wanted to share this. Bush has deployed forces in the US that would allow him to "suppress insurrection and restore order".

Im getting a little scared. How about you guys?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Scared? What's there to be scared about? These troops are for your own good ... you know, for your safety! Or so say the same people who told us Iraq was a threat and that the citizens there would great us with candy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
lol. Well im not going to argue with anyone, just wanted to share it. I just hope we don't see marshall law. Im having these horrific ideas of Bush staying another term, using some kind of national emergency as an excuse...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Just being sarcastic in my first reply. I agree with you completely. I'm worried as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i will give you a flag! and your avatar makes me laugh dell

In 2007, the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act was introduced; it overturned the Posse Comitatus Act by allowing the Commander in Chief to suppress 'insurrection' and 'restore order'. When it was repealed in 2008, Bush stated that he did not respect the later repeal.

so you guys live in a dictatorship too then.....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
en.wikinews.org...

"Kevin Fields: So it is possible that the President can assign federal troops to act in law enforcement officials, and it NOT violate Posse Comitatus? Or would such a case clearly violate it, but nothing can be done about it?

Sgt. P.S.N.: No, the president cannot order them to act as law enforcement. He can order them to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Kevin Fields: What would be the difference?

Sgt. P.S.N.: You're not going to see Humvees patrolling your city streets, writing tickets, and arresting shoplifters, wife beaters, or even rapists and murderers. You will see them stop rioting, looting, violent demonstrations, and the like if the local law enforcement does not possess the ability to do so. They won't be involved without either a request from local officials or a determination by DHS or FEMA that such involvement is necessary."

This is an article in response to the first one I posted. It looks like the military will be legally allowed to put down riots, should they happen. I beleive any military action against the people to be unlawful, regardless of the circumstances. Anyone ever heard of John Locke, and the Social Contract? It states that any people existing under a social system exist under an unspoken contract - we surrender some of our freedoms, and in exchange, we are to be effectively ruled. Our leaders are supposed to look out for our well-being. Should a government fail to keep its end of the bargain, we have the natural right to rebel against that government.

It looks like our government doesn't quite see things that way...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's a great topic. In fact, the topic is being discussed in a previously posted thread and is covering most of the aspects you're discussing here.

We'd love to see you guys adding to it.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out Martial Law

C'mon over.

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

join