It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
full link

Background: the First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency. I am in Seattle and heard from the brother of one of the soldiers that they are engaged in exercises now. Amy Goodman reported that an Army spokesperson confirmed that they will have access to lethal and non lethal crowd control technologies and tanks.

George Bush struck down Posse Comitatus, thus making it legal for military to patrol the U.S. He has also legally established that in the "War on Terror," the U.S. is at war around the globe and thus the whole world is a battlefield. Thus the U.S. is also a battlefield.

He also led change to the 1807 Insurrection Act to give him far broader powers in the event of a loosely defined "insurrection" or many other "conditions" he has the power to identify. The Constitution allows the suspension of habeas corpus -- habeas corpus prevents us from being seized by the state and held without trial -- in the event of an "insurrection." With his own army force now, his power to call a group of protesters or angry voters "insurgents" staging an "insurrection" is strengthened.

What do you guys think?

"Could face martial law..." - to some degree are we not already facing it? and with the U.S Army given persmission to control our streets ... thats more control than should be given up to any one group of men to decide. This is a republic is it not? WE DO make decisions don't we? Then somebody explain to me why I woke up to this...

[[EDIT: I do not believe to any degree that there are actual American Soldiers wallking our streets. That's ridiculous and it would be ridiculed all over the television news if they were. JUST to clarify - But my problem is for one this article, and for two WHY stress about something that isn't occuring now? I keep seeing articles about how we talk the talk but we don't walk the walk. Okay and... ? Is the author of these articles doing anything about it? Not to be specifically challenging anybody but most of this IS happening now. Please read the entire article to undertstand... ]]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ConMi27]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh yea i have a 25 page thread on this very problem.

Any day now we will wake up to a huge mess on our streets and most of us will have orders to stay home and starve. And be homeless. And be carted off by trains to God knows where.

Just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConMi27
This is a republic is it not? WE DO make decisions don't we? Then somebody explain to me why I woke up to this...

It's simple. The people only make decisions indirectly. The people vote for politicians whom they support and believe in and then the politicians - once in office - do whatever they see fit.

The problem lies in that the people are so gullible that they will elect whomever screams the loudest what the people want to hear.

Maybe the people should be more discerning towards politicians and then you would have real leadership.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ConMi27

It's very simple really:

People screamed out, "Take our liberties, just please make us safe!" after 9-11. People demanded the President to take action. In a united voice we screamed for blood. For justice.

And then we turned back to our everyday lives. The President had his agenda. He has his orders and permission from the public.

Most Americans can't even find Iraq on a map. A lot of us don't realize that our economy is crashing. Pretty much none of them are aware of the sinister bills that have been passed, and even less are aware of what those bills entail. The Patriot Act, The Military Commissions Act of 2006, and a few others. Dangerous to all liberties. Destructive to our Constitution. But necessary for an NWO agenda.

You woke up to this because America has gone to sleep. I'm sorry..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Did you check the activities of the financial crowd lately? Our central banks bailing out corporations? Our central banks bailing out our government? Our central banks aren't really even "ours"?

Somebody else owns this land and its resources, including us. If we are a threat to their resource generating system, they will use force if necessary. The military... just a lesser paid version of the mercenaries. We've had enough military persisting in Iraq without questioning their objectives, that I'm sure given the right situation the PTB could find a believable enough excuse to make the troops think they are truly defending something other than the corporate criminals they take orders from.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
...and we deserve every bit of it for being mindless sheep.

I hate to say i told you so, but......

I screamed the loudest here for years... NOW we get what we deserve for being asleep and being dumb.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Deeg, you KNOW I love ya, but, in any of the 20+ pages of your thread, has there been any witness of Federal Troops supressing the public? I haven't read one yet, but, 20+ pages is tough to keep up with. Relax deej, you'll make it! Be cool

Original Poster- The search function will alert you to both dg's thread and a few others, I think. This is being covered.

But-

This is really, in my mind, a non-panic issue. Before all our troops were deployed into Afghanistan and Iraq, where were most of them? Either in America training or deployed at bases around the world...training.
They're just coming back to the States and carrying on with training. This, I think, is an interpretation problem on many posters/readers part. The particulars are, admittedly, odd, but, what's with all the panic?

I just don't see the need to freak out yet.
My $.02
Cuhail

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't know what world you live in but this is NOT happening. It's not going to happen and the more you feed this crap it just makes you already mentally unstable people more of paranoid.

There are NO troops on American Streets...ANYWHERE! Tell me one place where this is happening. Just one? You can't because its all BS! I served over 6 years with the US ARMY...still have MANY (50) friends that I speak with who are stationed all over. I emailed them all about this "idea" that they are taking over american streets...and they all laughed and wondered wtf I was talking about.

People, get a grip....I live in between 3 of the biggest military bases in the WORLD...and I haven't seen one soldier on ANY street...except the national guard guys during their weekend drills driving back and forth from Atlanta to Ft. Benning...

So if you wanna live paranoid and under some spell of this crap feel free...but just look around..its NOT happening..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by ConMi27

It's very simple really: People screamed out, "Take our liberties, just please make us safe!" after 9-11. People demanded the President to take action. In a united voice we screamed for blood. For justice.

Whats even worse, is they knew the public would do that to begin with, hence why it happened.

We're at a huge disadvantage, they had ~200 years to plan this, they control almost every single part of our lifes and most of all.....

They got these.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Funny, I don't see any troops marching in the streets anywhere. I don't think anyone else does either.

Take a deep breath and relax.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Do you see the wind?....does that mean it is not there?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Highly unlikely right now. I will wait until election day before I start searching for National Guard troops in my suburban neighborhood parks.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
I don't know what world you live in but this is NOT happening. It's not going to happen and the more you feed this crap it just makes you already mentally unstable people more of paranoid.

There are NO troops on American Streets...ANYWHERE! Tell me one place where this is happening. Just one? You can't because its all BS! I served over 6 years with the US ARMY...still have MANY (50) friends that I speak with who are stationed all over. I emailed them all about this "idea" that they are taking over american streets...and they all laughed and wondered wtf I was talking about.

People, get a grip....I live in between 3 of the biggest military bases in the WORLD...and I haven't seen one soldier on ANY street...except the national guard guys during their weekend drills driving back and forth from Atlanta to Ft. Benning...

So if you wanna live paranoid and under some spell of this crap feel free...but just look around..its NOT happening..

Dude are you blind? Seriously... Wait you would have to be blind,deaf and a vegtable to not see,hear and feel the fleet of military vehicles going down the 4 lane everyday.

Also before insulting people, you might want to check up on some reading.

The command is at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colo., but the soldiers with 1st BCT, who returned in April after 15 months in Iraq, will operate out of their home post at Fort Stewart, Ga., where they’ll be able to go to school, spend time with their families and train for their new homeland mission as well as the counterinsurgency mission in the war zones.

www.armytimes.com...

*oops* ??

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Erm... pictures please...

Otherwise i wont take this thread seriously...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConMi27

Background: the First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1.

What is your source, would like to check it out regardless.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

There are NO troops on American Streets...ANYWHERE! Tell me one place where this is happening. Just one? You can't because its all BS! I served over 6 years with the US ARMY...still have MANY (50) friends that I speak with who are stationed all over. I emailed them all about this "idea" that they are taking over American streets...and they all laughed and wondered wtf I was talking about.

I will ditto....I am surrounded by the military 24/7 and tons of my friends are military........this is NOT happening, nor are there orders for it to happen. People are coming home from their desert deployments - just like everyone wanted - and people are FLIPPING out over this. WTF? Do you want them HERE or do you want them THERE? Make up your minds please!!

I, personally, think this is major paranoia.

I just drove over 4000 miles over a 4 month period thru major cities on highways and local roads. There is ZERO military walking our streets, patrolling our cities, and doing anything else people are paranoid about etc.

I think people need to learn about the military, the people serving and how they go abouts training.

See a convoy? Hmmm. It is 99% chance they are en route to another base for TRANING - for when deployed. Many bases do joint exercises. They need to get from point A to point B.

Until someone can prove this is happening....I'm calling this: Paranoia

Oh and the title of this thread is WRONG. Its either a lie to perpetuate mass paranoia done on purpose. Or it is just paranoia and ignorance. I will give the benefit of the doubt and say its the later.....thus IGNORANCE DENIED

[edit on 10/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snift

I read it. I read it three times so I didn't miss anything.

From Your Army Times link, at the bottom of the article, is this correction:

Army Times

Correction: A non-lethal crowd control package fielded to 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, described in the original version of this story, is intended for use on deployments to the war zone, not in the U.S., as previously stated.

This isn't panic time. Period. US Troops are US Citizens. They live here, work here, love here and this is an exercise to bolster disaster-readyness and citizen protection and NOWHERE in the article does it say ANYTHING about suppressing US Citizens. What you, yourself, infer from reading this article is your own synopsis and can't be counted on as truth.

Relax all. These are our brothers and sisters, Dads and Moms coming home and continuing to do soldier stuff while attending to their families.
They're coming home, not re-deploying to "The America Situation".

Everybody yelled "Bring our troops home!" Now, they're coming home and all the "Oh noers" can think is: "They're not home, they're re-deploying against us!"
That's sad.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Also, as an FYI. Army (Air Force, Marines, Navy) Times is NOT a US Military newspaper. It is a civilian paper (like the NYT, WP, etc) that reports on military stuff.

I would NEVER rely on them for military information, but use them as an alternative source (such as pay charts and news - not military movement). I, personlly, rely on those who served, presently serve and are in the know.

Just my .02

[edit on 10/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
Dude are you blind? Seriously... Wait you would have to be blind,deaf and a vegtable to not see,hear and feel the fleet of military vehicles going down the 4 lane everyday.

haha...where, when, destination? Oh wait, you mean the tanks and humvees going from base to training areas, or the reserves/NG's going to their monthly training....my god man, you have ZERO clue as to the reality of the military.

Also before insulting people, you might want to check up on some reading.

The command is at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colo., but the soldiers with 1st BCT, who returned in April after 15 months in Iraq, will operate out of their home post at Fort Stewart, Ga., where they’ll be able to go to school, spend time with their families and train for their new homeland mission as well as the counterinsurgency mission in the war zones.

www.armytimes.com...

*oops* ??

Ok read it...read it again...AND???????
It's your paranoid mind making an article out to be something evil.

EDIT TO ADD: If your/everyones paranoia is due to the troops helping at home with problems like Katrina...I say thank god. Maybe when scumbags/animals stop acting like such during a disaster we wouldn't need to ask for soldiers help. But when you have people stealing, shooting, murdering, raping, ALL while the streets are flooded...you clean up the crap the best way possible.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ConMi27

I'm concerned about the possibility of martial law being imposed in the future. Troops on U.S. soil is alarming to me, but if martial law was imminent, wouldn't we see more than one brigade being deployed here in the U.S.? I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like a few thousand soldiers spread out over the U.S. would be very effective at holding back the masses if things get out of hand.

As I said, I'm concerned that one of our brigades is being deployed on U.S. soil, and I find it alarming. That said, I keep telling myself that if the U.S. was seriously considering implementing marshal law, wouldn't we be seeing more troops/more brigades being called back from around the world to come home?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join