It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Global Meltdown Be Economic Terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This morning, on Fox News (I know everyone on this site hates Fox but bear with me) Mike Huckabee was being interviewed by Neil Cavuto. They were discussing the Stock Market Decline, and Huckabee stated that someone whom he knew and trusted had seen a pattern in the decline.
It seems that for the last 12 days of trading, the market has had the its greatest volume in the last 30 minutes of trading. In other words, even when the market is in positive territory, extremely large sell orders are being placed, causing the market to lose value.
This tends to cause further panic the next day, which causes the market to go on a roller coaster ride.
Al-Queda stated the way they would ystroy America would be through the economy.
Could this be it?

Note to the MODS: Not quite sure where this thread should go. Please place it in the appropriate forum.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
capitalism is economic terrorism

it always will be profit before people and that is sad considering how much wealth and resources we have for everyone to be able to have a somewhat happy life

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
This morning, on Fox News (I know everyone on this site hates Fox but bear with me) Mike Huckabee was being interviewed by Neil Cavuto. They were discussing the Stock Market Decline, and Huckabee stated that someone whom he knew and trusted had seen a pattern in the decline.
It seems that for the last 12 days of trading, the market has had the its greatest volume in the last 30 minutes of trading. In other words, even when the market is in positive territory, extremely large sell orders are being placed, causing the market to lose value.
This tends to cause further panic the next day, which causes the market to go on a roller coaster ride.
Al-Queda stated the way they would ystroy America would be through the economy.
Could this be it?

Note to the MODS: Not quite sure where this thread should go. Please place it in the appropriate forum.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by kettlebellysmith]

YES

BUT I think AQ is under to much scrutiny to execute this.

If you look at the great depression...

IT was the ULTRA rich who would pull all their money in concert,

wait....

after everyone followed suit they would come back in and buy for pennies on the dollar.

repeat

repeat

repeat

THIS is TERRORISM alright... but there are no turbans involved ( maybe SAUDI ROYALS but they do seem to sport them things ).

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think it's wishful thinking. It would be easier to blame the "evil terrorists" rather than to look to our own greed.

However, an anonymous poster on another forum said the same thing. That the shorts are all coming from overseas and are targeting specific companies in an effort to drive the market down. He claimed that the PTB were all over it and soon the market would soar back up when it was all exposed.

Who really knows? Rumors everywhere. I won't hold my breathe.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aramdy Alhamdy

Is that Rosie's head on Khalid Sheik Mohammad's body!?

Sorry - off topic - but dang, that's ugly!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
couple this with the fox exclusive on the world bank hacks and long term monitoring over the last year youve got your self a decent theory

The USSR was eventually brought down by collapsing thier market from within with US investment money

maybe the same tricks bieng played but not by AQ i dought a CIA 80's database with a beardy face is responsible

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good responses. Thank you.

I do think the CIA, the FBI, and the SEC should investigate. It doesn't necessarily have to be Al-Queda. There are plenty of terrorist organizations that could pull this off.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aramdy Alhamdy

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but there was much more going on during the great depression than the ULTRA RICH manipulating the markets. There was a severe drought, which had affected farmers (think Dustbowl) plus several other factors. Not totally discounting your thoughts, but you aren't going deep enough.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun
[more You seem to be accusing an arm of the government of executing this massive global meltdown. Somehow, I doubt we have any thing to gain from such actions.

new topics

top topics

join