It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yard signs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Im sure you have seen the yard signs that support a canidate in peoples yards...

Well...

What other signs are in people yards...

I live in a Far-Left Cheifdom in northern California. The weathers nice, the girls are easy, and the crime is minimal...

The rate of Obama-McCain yard signs is 100:1 in favor of Obama...
Thats not the story... 90%+ of the people here can't think striaght, i get it...

But heres what i wfound very intresting...

somewhere between 30-40% of the houses that have an Obama sign in the Yard, also have another sign. It says...
"vote NO on prop 8"

Now... what is this prop that SO MANY of the Obama supports are against...
Prop 8 was made after 4 california judges overturned the vote of the poeple, and redefeinded what marrige is.
6 months ago, One california judge decided to overturn the vote of millions of californians, and shoved gay marrige down our throught...

Now, prop 8 was brougth to the ballot, faced all the normal regulations in the process of going to ballot, and, during this time, california lawmakers Tryed as hard as they could to make this not go to the ballot.

They pushed to try to say that the people DONT need to vote on this. They fought to try to see if this could not make the ballot.
They challenged and tryed to disprove every signiture on the petitions...

But finnaly, the law prevailed... and this prop gets to go to the ballot...

The define what marrige is...
8 years ago, a prop VERY SIMIALR to this one went thru, and passed with a HUGE majority that defined marrige as between a Man and a Woman...

Less then a decade later, 1 person decided that thier personal beliefs were more important then the Rightious Legal Vote of millions of people...

A vote for NO on prop 8 equates to a vote FOR a totalialist goverment... Where we no longer are a ligitimate Democraticly goverened Republic, but rather a facist goverment, with power concetrated at the top.

A yes vote on prop 8 equates to reestablishing long standing laws. A yes on prop 8 is a vote FOR the people, and against this Facistic power grab.

It scares me... everyone around me is ready to vote lock step and barrel for outright facists, and they don't care... they don't care cause it makes them feel good...

"equality for everyone".... yea right... more like forced equality...
Just sickens me...

Anyway, what are the Yard signs you see where you live... I know not everywhere in California is as sick in the head as my Far-Left Cheifdom...

But what do you guys see in your neighbor hoods... and what do they signs mean....

I told you mine...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't see what so many people have against gay marriage myself ( i mean it's OK really as long as they don't make me watch lol). Seriously though if gay marriage is not allowed it's just one step back towards a Nazi-like rule.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Most of the signs here in east Tennessee are usually these:

Since jobs are near non-existent and the average commute to work is 30miles a day which is a lot of gas money at the end of the week.

On the gay marriage thing, if you look at the history of marriage, its based on religion and in that religion it says "Man and Woman" so I can see the point of not passing it as a law.

I've been with the same girl for 2 years now and we both agree that marriage is just a peice of paper,wasted money,wasted time and just complicates things so I guess I'm biased in one way but after all, it IS only a peice of paper and some words stated.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Around here I see more "For Sale" sign than for any canidate signs...I'd say on a 40 to 1 basis. Heck in the crappy inner-city neighborhoods there are houses for $10,000. Nope not a typo nor a down payment, $10K and it is all yours.

Both of them talk about change if eleceted, I can only think that they are refering to the janglly kind that we will sit on the street and beg for once their "solutions" come fully to fruition.

I have only one question for the canidates: Mr. Senator, since the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land and must be duly and faithfully followed in order for the government to operate legally and be trustworthy...do you believe that the preamble is part of the Constitution and must be legally followed as well? And please explain your answer.

I don't think we have had anyone run in years that can honestly answer that question, at least as far as their actions have proven their honest answer to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I stopped reading when you accused liberals of not thinking straight. But then i decided i'd better continue.. what on earth is so awful about two people in love wanting to formalise their feelings? Why must the state discriminate based upon what goes on in the bedroom?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well someone put a big sign in my yard without permission. It is a big sign too! About 4 feet long and 2 feet tall. Its a sign for a state representative. I don't know if I can take it down and throw it away because it would be destruction of campaign property, or should I just leave it and wait untill after the elections?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

Nothing is wroung...

I don't care what orface you want to stick it in...

Just a couple of demands on my part...

Dont say its normal...
Dont teach it to kids
and if you want to change the law, do it the way everyone else had to

If a prop came up reguarding Gay marrige, and it Passed by a legal vote, SO BE IT...

As it is now, the MEANS in which it was passed can only be called Facistic. power grabbing. Rule of the few of the many.

I don't want to have this turn into a Gay issue thread...

Its not about that...

I want to hear what people are seeing in there areas they live in.

What yards signs are they
What are the props they support
what do those props mean...

6 months ago, 1 person overturned th votes of millions here in california.
now, millions more people signed petitions, and got thru a propisition to vote on marrige... AGAIN...

I have said this OVER AND OVER... I don't care what orface you stick it in...

To me, i think Gay Rights should be a Local issue.
Each comunity should vote on it.

the laws that goveren Marrige in San Fransicko, don't have to be the same as that in the rest of the state.

Normal couples shouldn't have to be called spouse 1 and spouse 2
The words Mom and Dad should become illigal
Kindergardeners shoouldn't be taught about homosexuality

But...

back to the yard signs...

Oh, and Denit, i don't think i mentioned liberals at all...

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

Tell them that you want to be paid for your advertisement and make it a good daily rate since you didn't ask for the sign to be placed there. Also inform them that you will be happy to remove it for them if they can not remove it by 5pm for a "small" fee.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i have one that says adolf hitlet was here

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

It's your yard. Whether it stays there or not is entirely up to you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
'i live in a far-left enclave'. Sounds like you're bringing the left into this. You claim that you don't care what 'orifice' what goes where, yet you clearly do if you wish to limit people's freedoms based on their choice of said place.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
Well someone put a big sign in my yard without permission. It is a big sign too! About 4 feet long and 2 feet tall. Its a sign for a state representative. I don't know if I can take it down and throw it away because it would be destruction of campaign property, or should I just leave it and wait untill after the elections?

If it is made of that plastic currogated stuff, you can turn it into an rc electric airplane. Mugi Evo.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

My stats: Straight, female married McCain/Palin supporter.

Slice it anyway you like but this is clearly a gay issue. There was a reason that it was overturned by the judges, it violates the 14th amendment. This isn't about redefining what marriage is, it does not affect those of us who are heterosexual couples that are married. It doesn't change anything for us, it just broadens marriage to include homosexuals.

So what is it to anyone if gays marry one another? It is a personal belief and that is NOT what the consitution is based on.

Gays are part of life, like it or not. They aren't going anywhere.

Some people really need to read and know the consitution.

new topics

top topics

join