It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Terrorist Act and Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The sequence becomes clear.

First we have the Terrorists (All events since 911)
The second step is creating an Anti Terrorist Act.

Now Icesave bank in Iceland goes Bankrupt, including Iceland.

Gordon Brown used the Anti Terrorist Act to freeze Icelandic holdings in Great Britain and Iceland has become a terrorist state.

Does it mean that every person from Iceland must be seen as a potential Terrorist ?

We must stop this madness !!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Iceland declared a terrorist state? Do you have a link for that? It's going to be mighty funny if it's true because we just took North Korea off the list...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Iceland declared a terrorist state? Do you have a link for that? It's going to be mighty funny if it's true because we just took North Korea off the list...

Unfortuantley this is true dude, there's a similar thread going here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes indeed the UK government used antiterrorist laws to freeze the assests of an Icelandic bank. So technically Iceland is a terrorist state, I would imagine they will replace N Korea on Bush Brown chainletter.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Check Bloomberg.com. They removed the usage of the term anti-terrorism law. But they are still using the law to seize Icelands financial assets. It's just a scare tactic I hope. But then again, the UK and USA now have these laws due to 911. They are definitely being abused, and should not have been allowed to become law in the first place. But if we try to do anything about it, we would most likely be shipped off to Guantanamo.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Contagion2012]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contagion2012
It's just a scare tactic I hope.

It worked, it scares the hell out of me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Russia is supporting Iceland now with four billion euros.

www.france24.com...

Who is the Terrorist now ?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
oooohhh it gets better

not only does our anti-terrorism laws allow us to make all those poor cold fish loving folk in iceland terrorist who must be bombed and invaded immediatley evil terrorists!!!! ... ahh they arnt muslim forget the invasion bit

it also gives us the right to sell thier country on E-bay

LONDON (Reuters) - Great scenery and wildlife but financial situation in need of repair -- collect in person

uk.reuters.com...

[edit on 11/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Terrorist Countries list is here:
www.ch.doe.gov...

But the list will soon increase, when using the Anti Terrorism Law for bankrupt countries.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Add ICELAND to the axis of evil. Do it! Shh! Zip it! You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists!

And with that, your dearest plucky will now lay down to rest. Tis been a long day wondering about Monday. Like that awful U2 song "Bloody Monday". Is it just me or does Bono sound winey?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Signs of Icelandic extremist behavior!!!

WATCH OUT FOR :

-Nervous shivering people!

-SUICIDE SKATERS!

-ICE BOMBS!

-Hot Spring pre attack 'cleansing'!

-Anyone playing GUS GUS - Purple (Sasha Midnight In Reykjavik)!
(one of the COOLEST tunes EVER says me!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dutch local governments are emerging as having public money in the collapsed savings bank Icesave.

www.nisnews.nl...

Among them are big councils like The Hague.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dear People,

I am from Iceland, please rember that this crises has nothing to do with Icelanders. We, the folks living in Iceland have lost our pension and savings also due to this "terrorists" or the capitalism in Iceland and other countries. Now Iceland is in deep # due to this strange behavior of your PM. No money can be transferd to, or from Iceland. Not only from UK but also from other countries, this is just due to your PM act which have put us in the same category as terroists. We dont get paid for export any more and I realy mean we DONT get paid. This means that we cant buy any goods. There are only 300.000 people living in Iclend, how bad can it be?

We have some goods in stock that we can use for now, but I dont know how long they will last. I am serious this does not look good.

Best regards
The icelander.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is ridiculous for the U.K PM to use an anti-terrorist act against a country which has 300.000 inhabitants og peace loving people. It is abuse and has very serious consequenses for the people of Iceland. Both Iceland and the U.k are allies in Nato. The British government shall be prosecuted on the behalf of the Icelandic bank which the U.k government freezed their assets. Lets not forget the history og these 2 countrys, as allies in WW2, the icelandic fish kept the british people alive during WW2 when there was food shortage and the british government had troops in iceland during the war helping Iceland with employment and modernizing Iceland. I think the Pm acted without thinking trying to raise his popularity with british citizens using an anti-terrorist act law for the next election at a high cost for Icelandic citizens. I think both countrys have alot of potential of working together in the future and both need to get rid of their Pm.

An Icelander

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes we could be hit with a barage of nucleur snow balls,why pick on poor Iceland they are already broke,give us a year we will be too

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hmm is Gordon brown controlled by George bush? really using the anti terrorism act on Iceland...that is a bit...odd or should i say...This is a horrible misuse of anti terrorism laws.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is still going on.. Iceland is being forced into EU. It has been reported by Icelandic officials that the currency "krona" was initially crashed down by anonymous financial parties but this information hasn't been disclosed / or fully investigated.
- This was most likely done in an effort to bring Iceland to the Euro which automatically leads to the EU which would leave Norway alone outside of the World Government master-plan and make it an easier target for economic tyranny.

Of course as has been said anti-terrorst laws were used to crash the Icelandic banks down and make it almost impossible for the country to actually pay up the IceSave savings, instead force it into cooperation with IMF and the EU; essentially Iceland is being given an Ultimatum: either join EU or face economic tyranny.

Media is being used to brainwash the Icelandic population into an EU solution and the British population into focusing on a "black sheep" to hide the injustice the UK government is putting over their heads with personal-independence, crimes, social and economic injustice being amongst the worst broken sectors in the UK amongst European countries. UK populace is constantly being faced with distractions, such as criminal gangs, terrorists, foreign disputes and all kinds of blames instead of focusing on core issues..

News article:

www.independent.co.uk...

Petition against anti-terrorist laws abuse against Iceland:

www.indefence.is...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I agree that people from Iceland are very friendly.
Therefore I totally agree by signing the petition.
www.indefence.is...

Bad news is that all people of Iceland will now become terrorist and slave of the IMF, due to a few people who stole all the money.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by hawk123]

top topics

join