It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glasgow Airport attack hero John Smeaton fights for life after asthma attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Glasgow Airport attack hero John Smeaton fights for life after asthma attack

www.dailyrecord.co.uk

AIRPORT terror attack hero John Smeaton was fighting for his life in hospital last night.

Former baggage handler Smeato, 32, was in intensive care after suffering a serious asthma attack.

He was taken ill on Thursday night, shortly after two men went on trial accused of the Glasgow airport attack.

A health board spokesman said: "I can confirm that he is in the Royal Alexandra Hospital and that his condition is stable."

Sources said an asthma attack a decade ago almost killed him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Glasgow airport hero John Smeaton has been admitted to intensive care at a hospital in the Scottish capital after suffering a severe asthma attack last night.

The 32-year-old was working as a baggage handler at the city's airport last year when the failed car bomb attempt occurred. He confronted one of the men who emerged from the explosive-laden car which was on fire at the time and wrestled him to the ground as he ran towards the police. GET WELL SOON SMEATO

www.dailyrecord.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drfrankenfurter

Its weird his asthma attck co-incided with the terrorists going on trial!
Get well Smeatonator!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hang in there Smeato!

Never know when we may need you again!

Keep up the fight!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that this "attack" was coordinated by the security services to drum up support for the war on terror for the newly appointed prime minister? seems a bit strange that he'd get his new job and then two day's later failed attacks on London and a botched attempt on Glasgow airport.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

i think you are right.

check this video, amusing and interesting

JOHN SMEATON - FAKE?

aangirfan.blogspot.com...

anyway I hope he gets out of hospital because I wouldnt wish that on anyone, well mabie a couple of politicians.....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yea, I can't think of the word for it but I think maybe he's been put in the frame as a hero, just to validate the story, a plant if you will, maybe he could of just been in the right place at the right time, we'll never know, but the "attacks" I do believe were bogus!

As the video states "what about MI5" maybe someone should get his case file, you can get them from MI5 for £1 if I remember correctly

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Pockets]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

It's not weird, asthma attacks can be triggered by many things, and getting nervous about something is one of those, that is why I try to stay as calm as possible in every circumstance.

From a fellow asthma sufferer, I hope he gets well soon.

PS: I also think that the theory that he was there to become a hero may should be investigated.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ok, maybe I should have used the word coincidence instead of weird there.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You would of thought of any of the times to have an asthma attack thinking someone is trying to blow up your place of work would be one, and seeing a man on fire in front of you, his asthma never stopped him from beating the burning man up, which the home office says is not the right thing to do, but someone gave him a medal for it and named him a hero

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Speaking only for myself, a situation like that could bring an asthma attack but only after the whole situation had ended.

Asthma attacks, even when sudden, are not instantaneous, they take some minutes to reach its full force, specially after some physical action, as was the case.

But with the presence of paramedics after the failed bombing it would have been easy to stop an asthma attack, some oxygen may be enough, the problem appears when some time elapses while the person is suffering the attack: the blood looses oxygen and that affects the muscles, making it difficult to move, and in a stronger, longer attack, it starts affecting the brain.

If we can find any reference to an asthma attack at the time of the bombing then I guess this could be just a normal situation, but if we find that there was nothing like an asthma attack or even the start of an asthma attack, then I guess we could start doubting the timing of this last, most serious, asthma attack.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i really hope he is ok.!

people like him are scotland defence against the terrorist menace! And they are a dam good one.

get well soon smeaton!
your country needs you!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i somehow dont think john smeaton is a m15 pawn ? lol

he,s just a regular bloke loves his beer and fishing

update on his asthma attack, doctors say he,s stable now should be out in few days

get well soon smeato

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Why not, they need there heroes as much as they need the bad guy's

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

yea your probably right, I think he was taken and used by the media too much though. I am thinking asthma or allergic reaction, sounds a bit harsh for an asthma attach too me.

There was a stooge interviewed on the tv on the glasgow attacks (footage gone), stooges were on the tv after 7/7 and 9/11 but john is probably not one of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

New Pictures Of Airport Car Bomb

CCTV footage of the day Glasgow airport was attacked has been made public after it was shown to the jury in the trial of two men charged over the attack. Sky's Paul Harrison reports.

news.sky.com... deo

Saw this and thought I'd post it

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Pockets]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

join