It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I living in an alternative universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
4 years ago I never would have been able to talk to people about politics. That was the time when people were still "waking up" oh so to say.

Now everyone's talking about politics. Your neighbor across the street is talking about politics, your best friend is talking about politics, even someone who rarely pays attention to politics might know something about what's going on.

I really think I'm living in an alternative universe. I was young when Clinton was in office so I don't remember that. I just can't believe a Democratic candidate has a chance of winning the elections. Am I in an alternative universe? People are saying to me that Obama has a GOOD chance of winning. I mean
if this is true... but... I remember getting my hopes up for a Democratic President in 2004 with John Kerry and him losing and then I remember not paying attention to politics for the next 2 years or so.

Just, am I living in an alternative universe?
what's going on... has the timeline been changed so we have a Democratic President to counter the injustices the Republican party has made the last 8 years?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Why would you bother to vote for either a democrat or a republican when their strings are pulled by the same hidden hand? Is there no other choice in America?

People may be discussing politics, but that does not constitute an awakened state.....reality is far deeper than most would be able to surmise. The near future portends great changes which will initially come as great hardship, but from which will arise the Phoenix and a glorious new America.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What you refer to as alternate universe, others call the internet. It sounds like you and I grew up in similar times and I agree, things have most certainly changed since I could remember. In today’s world it is very easy to follow political issues. Some would even go as far as saying it is “hip” by today’s standards. Think about how easy it is for people to communicate around the world today. We are exposed to all of this without even realizing it.

My mother migrated to the USA 50 years ago and worked for the majority of her life to raise our family. She does not follow political issues. The world is still a mystery to her as it once was for you and I. I often feel shameful for not putting forth the effort to help her realize the world could be explored through the comfort of our very own home. I apologize for getting a bit off-topic, however I hope this helps answer your question. Consider yourself a step ahead of the others. Some of us don’t realize how lucky we really are.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by beyondtopsecret]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well Frank...today I stumbled upon ,
"FEMA: concentration camps" on youtube and it scared the HELL out
of me......now if you want to try another world view, please please check this out.....and may God save us all......in fact, I'm counting on it.

lilapple

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondtopsecret
Think about how easy it is for people to communicate around the world today. We are exposed to all of this without even realizing it.

Truly, the internet is the global mind and it is amazing in so many ways. The ability to think of just about any topic/subject and instantly access information, often from the best minds in the world, in 2 seconds. It is miraculous.

To the OP, the only weird thing about this democrat vs. republican thing is that it is so CLOSE. After the last 8 years the dems should be able to take this election with a landslide, instead if they can do it, it will be by the skin of their teeth.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No my young friend, this is the real universe. Democrats ran everything while it worked. In your young life you've only seen the result of complete Republican control...the end result of conservatism. Also known as complete failure and clusterfook as evidenced in everyone's 401(k) and our debt.

Welcome back to reality. Government by folks that don't have proving government fails as part of their platform.

You can vote for the people that plan to fail, or those that want to make America work. Welcome to your awakening.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowCone
No my young friend, this is the real universe. Democrats ran everything while it worked. In your young life you've only seen the result of complete Republican control...the end result of conservatism. Also known as complete failure and clusterfook as evidenced in everyone's 401(k) and our debt.

Welcome back to reality. Government by folks that don't have proving government fails as part of their platform.

You can vote for the people that plan to fail, or those that want to make America work. Welcome to your awakening.

And we just heard from one of the most uninformed and ignorant posters on the internet, blaming the country's economic woes on the current administration when it was the current administration, John McCain and others who had been warning Congress since 2006 about the dangers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac posed.

Snowcone has no idea what the hell he or she is talking about, so please, give this person the time of day you would a discarded rag in a parking lot.

To the OP, as to why you're able to talk political news with anyone - that's easy. This election has been all the media has talked about for the past year and a half. Yes! Since the early part of 2007 they were already droning on about who would win the 2008 election.

top topics

join