It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conn. court overturns same-sex marriage ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Conn. court overturns same-sex marriage ban

www.msnbc.msn.com

HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Supreme Court ruled Friday that same-sex couples have the right to marry

The divided court ruled 4-3 that gay and lesbian couples cannot be denied the freedom to marry under the state constitution
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is the second state to have the state judges overturn the vote of the people. On a constitutional issue.
(heres the conn. Constitution so you can see for your self on the issue on weather or not the constitution gives the rights to gays to marry.)

California
Look at this article... Look at that pic... those women are from my Far-Left Cheifdom

and now connecticut...
Connecticut

Both had judges. 4 Judges.
On the decision of one person. The deciding vote.

That one pperson overturned the vote of millions of people.

How come these "Gay issues" don't go thru normal votes. Why don't they have have to go thru the procces of getting millions of signatures, getting propisitions made, have votes, then going to ballot on a state wide vote.

How come they can take the decision of one, and impose it over the Constituiionaly bound Vote of the people.

Its isnane. This is not how WE(the Republic of the United States of America) do things around here.

Such abuse of power is not orignal to this situation.
This situation of abuse of power is dominat thruout history.

2 states have apointed judges override the majority vote of the people.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Welcome to the Gay Reigchts era.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/10/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

In a free society, the majority does not have the right to rule over the minority.

Gay marriage does not violate anyone's rights. You don't have to agree with it, but you have no right to tell others how to live their lives.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
One view is that overturning the popular vote is not Constitutional. Your view.

Another view is that banning same sex marriage is against the Constitution as it's against our Constitutions proclamation of Equality. My view.

I am not saying your view is wrong, I am saying mine takes precedence

What's with your hyper link's title about those women? They were estatic that the ban was overturned since they are gay, obviously. They are far left nut jobs because they were happy?? Is the issue for you really the popular vote, or is it because you just don't support same-sex marriage. Based on your posts (from multiple threads) from you I believe it's the later.

Of course I doubt you will even consider what I am saying. You don't even see the issue.

How come these "Gay issues"

The "issues" are quite legitimate my friend

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Oh yeah, I believe your link's title is against the T & C. You are linking to an external article, and it needs to reflect the actual article title. Which is this:

California Supreme Court overturns gay marriage ban

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

join