It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Doesn't Add Up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Since Bush has been in power he has spent more than $1 trillion dollars on the military.($806 billion has gone to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq)

Add to this,Bush having recently signed the $700 billion Financial Bailout Bill.

Add to this the Federal Budget for each year Bush has been in power;2002-$2.0 trillion.2003-$2.2 trillion.2004-$2.3 trillion.2005-$2.4 trillion.2006-$2.7 trillion.2007-2.77 trillion.2008-$2.90 trillion.

This gives you a total of $18.970.000.000.000.
In seven years.

(excluded from total money spent on military research and NASA)

So what doesn't add up?

Such a large amount of money spent in such a short period of time,and yet,no rise in taxes.

Is it only me who finds that strange?

www.independent.co.uk...[/url ]
[url]http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home
www.npr.org...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They printed money out of thin air. There is no limit to the amount of money the Fed can make.

And they borrowed a lot from Asia.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Hello Jakyll! You are right my friend.. This just doesnt add up!
And it hasn't been adding up for me for the last 2 weeks..

But then again I am forsure now that I live in bizzaro world!
Everything here is backwards!
Extreamly backwards, and makes me feel in my heart I truely live in bizzaro world!!!
It would be nice if a portal opened up and I could get to a world where things worked as they should.
But here in this dimension, things are all ass backwards!!!

Ya know"?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

It doesn't add up because the Republicans don't believe in "raising taxes". You see printing money and going into debt allows them to "raise taxes" on the "back end" where it is not noticed. The Democrats believe in raising taxes on the "front end" which is not politically popular, because Americans don't like to pay taxes. That is why Clinton was able to raise taxes in his first term resulting in unprecedented growth and prosperity and producing a surplus, while Republicans sink us deeper into debt , all the while pretending to "cut taxes". But hey, as I said, Americans hate to pay taxes. You can pay me now or you can pay me later.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No rise in taxes...yet. Also, what is rising is the amount of money owed to the Federal Reserve (a private corporation).

As interest on the loans made comes due, and since already ALL of our income tax goes to pay the interest charges, taxes will HAVE to go up - or... they will borrow from the Federal Reserve (a private corporation) to pay the Federal Reserve (a private corporation), thereby adding MORE debt owed to the Federal Reserve (a private corporation), and thus it spirals.

it is a Ponzi scheme, a pyramid scheme. And as all such schemes go, when there's nothing being added geometrically larger than the previous level, it collapses.

Ergo, what we see today.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

Well,i'm looking at this from a British point of view and my knowledge on American politics is rusty,but going off what i see,it looks like the US is gonna have some huge financial problems in the very near future.

new topics

top topics

join