It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See, I don't think this is funny...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy
And why shouldn't he? Mr Bush is in politics. Politics is all about survival of the fittest and who can last the longest. Humour is a good way of, as you say, distracting from the bad issues. But the Iraq war wasn't just about WMDs, but freeing an opressed people - but thats another argument

Because people DIED over this. Don't you think those people who's sons and daughters won't find that a lil bad?

AND DONT BRING UP FREEING OPPRESSED PEOPLE, that was not the ralling cry...that was not what the call to arms were for. Look at all of the interviews and speeches before the War. It was over these weapons, but they brought something up after they weren't finding them. The weapons was what SOLD to us. You were duped; I was duped.

Should we have gone there, IMO, dunno. But the government the government terrorized you all into this war...you are all just in denial about it. They should have built the case for war on the merits of the war alone. Not on flimsy evidence. He would have my support had he went that route.

*note* I was still not regretting my vote for Bush up until a couple of months after the War. I might not have liked him, but I still thought he was doing alright and probably better than Gore */note*

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Freeing Iraq from Saddam was a point to the war, but not a reason in and of itself or we would have taken Cuba a long time ago.

Economic security was one of the biggest reasons we went to war (i.e. Oil currency).

Due to the Iraqi Liberation Act of 1996 we can be sure that getting Saddam out was a point to the war, but surely not a big one.

We are not doing this for some great moral reason, it is to protect our asses economically. But that is a hard sell for the common man to associate with, that is why I think the WMD was used as the primary selling point.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
that guy wasn't the leader of #.
he was a terrorist cell leader.
he wasn't an elected official,
he wasn't a un member of high standing,
he was the evil terrorist christopher reeves, and if the israelis didn't have the cojones to put him down, i'd have personally pushed his crippled terrorist ass down a skyscraper stairwell.

You owe me a new keyboard! HAHAHAH That parapalegic bastard hat it comming.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
what better way to make a new friend by selling him the coolest new "toys" around.... hence the WMD's we sold to saddam

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
that guy wasn't the leader of (c).
he was the evil terrorist christopher reeves, and if the israelis didn't have the cojones to put him down, i'd have personally pushed his crippled terrorist (c) down a skyscraper stairwell.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who are we talking about, Bush?
addressed in order.

Bush isn't the leader of sheet,everyone knows Cheney is running everything. Bush is too stupid.

Eventhough he is not the leader, he is considered the leader and currently the U.S. troops are conducting alot of terrorrist acts in other countries as we speak. Not to mention covering for Israels.

Bush wasnt an elected official.

Bushes level of standing isn't high anywhere.In fact he is an embarrasment here and the rest of the world is laughing at him more than we are. Another fact,the last picture of him previewed last night and being laughed about today is of him on his hands and knees looking for weapons under the furniture somewhere in the whitehouse. I would hardly call that standing.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Who are we talking about, Bush?

No, hon. They're talking about Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Whoopsie!
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh,my mistake.
Sometimes its hard to tell considering our fearless leader is so unfallable.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ashley, just as a point of education, it's "infallible"

Sorry man, couldn't help myself. I love your posts so much.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Several news orgs today have commented on family members of service people killed finding his comments about WMD to be very insulting. I would agree, he might as well have told a 9/11 joke.

Also all the "reporters" that found this funny should be ashamed.

There are some things you do not joke about. I think joking about the reason why over 600 of our troops have died is at least in bad taste. He did not need to do it, the economy alone would have given him a hour of jokes.

Laughing at ones self for mistakes is one thing, not when your mistake caused the death of so many of our soldiers, the allies soldiers and 10,000+ Iraqi citizens. Iraq may be better off today but still, let's not minimize the sacrifices made with jokes.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

he was the evil terrorist christopher reeves, and if the israelis didn't have the cojones to put him down, i'd have personally pushed his crippled terrorist ass down a skyscraper stairwell.

He was the leader of a resistance...
I dont know if he was elected or not, but just because someone isnt elected doesnt make them a leader. I know the new Hamas leader was elected in. The palestinians ise the tacticsthey do because they dont have the military hardware the Israelis do. They are a desperate people resorting to desperate means. if they had access to tanks and choppers and missiles i can assure you they would rather use these than suicide bombers.

If you were in there shoes and your land was occupied by someone who was demolishing your houses to make way for their people, and killing your people, you would want to fight back. and if you didnt have the hardware they had you would fight back in any means you could... the Israelis get funding from many countries while it is illegal to fund the plaestinian authority (which isnt a terrorist organisation and always condemns any terrorist attack by hamas or any of the other group). yet israel used these very tactics to set up their state half a century or more ago... What they do to the Palestinianshas been likened to the holocaust against the jews by the Nazis.

i actually asked a holocaust survivor what he thought of the situation in Israel/palestine and he said it saddened him that the only state that represents his people is doing exactly what the NAZIS did to the jews 60 years ago... but thats off the topic...

i thought that statement was a crack up

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
nativeokie:

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully he will see the error and issue an apology. Soon, before the Kerry camp uses it against him.

There is no way it was thought out beforehand. GWB is as supportive of the troops and sympathetic to their sacrifices as any president could be.

john

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

He was the leader of a resistance...
I dont know if he was elected or not, but just because someone isnt elected doesnt make them a leader. I know the new Hamas leader was elected in. The palestinians ise the tacticsthey do because they dont have the military hardware the Israelis do. They are a desperate people resorting to desperate means. if they had access to tanks and choppers and missiles i can assure you they would rather use these than suicide bombers.

If you were in there shoes and your land was occupied by someone who was demolishing your houses to make way for their people, and killing your people, you would want to fight back. and if you didnt have the hardware they had you would fight back in any means you could... the Israelis get funding from many countries while it is illegal to fund the plaestinian authority (which isnt a terrorist organisation and always condemns any terrorist attack by hamas or any of the other group). yet israel used these very tactics to set up their state half a century or more ago... What they do to the Palestinianshas been likened to the holocaust against the jews by the Nazis.

i actually asked a holocaust survivor what he thought of the situation in Israel/palestine and he said it saddened him that the only state that represents his people is doing exactly what the NAZIS did to the jews 60 years ago... but thats off the topic...

i thought that statement was a crack up

He was a cold-blooded murderer who taught children to wear explosives to murder innocents. Not his own children, mind you...you'll notice that those cowardly terrorists always have some lame excuse for not sacrificing their own offspring.

He got what he deserved. Unfortunately it came too late in the game.

john

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy
And why shouldn't he? Mr Bush is in politics. Politics is all about survival of the fittest and who can last the longest.

And who can get away with the biggest lies.
Bush is a nincompoop.
There's nothing funny about war, period. It's like if I was to make a joke about your mother's death, when I was the one who ran her over. Very tasteless, IMO.

[Edited on 3-26-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I think it's histarical. I don't like Bush at all. He's failed to show us that he can find the WMD. Since he's failed to find them in Iraq what better place to look then in his own office.

If Bush invaded Syria and found them hidden there, you'd probably ignore the fact that they were found and deplore the fact that Bush invaded yet another "innocent nation"!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by mrmulder
I think it's histarical. I don't like Bush at all. He's failed to show us that he can find the WMD. Since he's failed to find them in Iraq what better place to look then in his own office.

If Bush invaded Syria and found them hidden there, you'd probably ignore the fact that they were found and deplore the fact that Bush invaded yet another "innocent nation"!

Yes, I would. Are we the only country allowed to have WMD? That's quite a hypocrisy!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Um, sorry, Fury, blowin up a dude in a wheelchair, i dont care if hes #ing HITLER, is just plain chicken #. Typical of the Israelis. Bunch of punk ass chicken #s.

If Dubya keeps looking, hell find the WMD in his underwear, cuz Ive heard he hasnt changed em since the last election.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If Dubya keeps looking, hell find the WMD in his underwear, cuz Ive heard he hasnt changed em since the last election.

They'll keep looking until they find the WMD they plant!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Um, sorry, Fury, blowin up a dude in a wheelchair, i dont care if hes #ing HITLER, is just plain chicken #. Typical of the Israelis. Bunch of punk ass chicken #s.

/quote]

Let's look at the facts here. You have a chance to take out someone who has repeatedly ordered the deaths of your countrymen, ordered his own people to kill themselves. You can either
A. Let him go, how harmless can a little old man in a wheelchair be?
B. Take him out and do it in so violent a way as to send a message that you can reach any of them at any time.

If you ask me the Isrealies did one of the bravest and smartest things that they could. I would like to see other nations stand up to terrorism like they do. Course not every nation has to deal with it daily as a way of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think this whole topic has gotten tainted by personal agendas.

What is funny about the Israel/Palestine situation, is that neither side thinks it's a war like all others.

Both sides are fighting for what they think is right, and for the protection of their people.

In war, you take out the effective leaders.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this dosent bother me I expected it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join