It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must there be a crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Day after day we are bombarded with the media telling us the banks are collapsing, recession, oil prices, blah, blah, blah.

What is this? Do we not have a say in this matter? To me it seems like scare tactics. I honestly don't want to listen to the crap anymore on the news. I'm trying to build a future, not let "bad news" pull me down.

What are we supposed to do, run in fear? Lay down and die? Again, don't we have a choice in the matter? Are we going to let Wall Street determine how well we live our lives? Are we going to let speculators determine our quality of life?

This is your life, you grab it and live it. Don't let the media taint your life. Turn off the news, and take your life back. We decide our quality of life. We are the ones who create businesses, go to work, and make things happen. We create technologies that will drive our future, not CNN, not Fox.

I don't care what position you currently hold in life, this is your life, make what you want of it. Don't wait for Fox news to tell you the recession is over. There are people all over the place quietly (or loudly) living their dream. Why not you?

I guess you could call this a wake up call, I know I'm not the only one tired of hearing the crap on the news.

Troy

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

This is one of the best post I have read in a while. Very refreshing. I agree that people live the life they choose to live.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I agree! Excellent post. I feel the exact same way.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Perhaps...

But the scenario could play out like this:

Want to go to college? Can't get a loan? Oh well...

Need a car? No loan? Oh well...

Home loan? Sorry, all credit has dried up...

You want to rent that house? Sorry, landlord has foreclosed on it...

What, you expect to be paid for working? Sorry, nothing to pay you with...

And so, quickly, living the life you want to live, even though you have ignored the scary media, becomes somewhat impossible.

It's a worse case scenario, but reality has to be faced.

But I don't want to hijack the thread with gloom, these are just things to keep in mind

And I agree, there's a lot of doomsayers at the moment, but even some very experienced people, not just media patsies, are saying that they've never seen anything like this before.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You talk of our monetary system as if it is reality. It is not. It can be changed overnight.

They tell us that our money is worth less and less, but we instinctively know that to be false, because we all can do the same amount of work we did yesterday.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. Kstring, that's a good post.

I've just been working on my businesses and putting a future there for myself, and I felt like posting. Why does CNN, Fox news, or the local paper have to dictate how we live? Aren't we the ones responsible for our future?

I just hear a lot of scary news. I just want to puke every time mom turns that crap on.

Sure we might have some hurdles, but haven't we persisted as a species for a long time? We are survivors. I'm not going to lie down and die for news organizations.

Really, what is money anyway? It's paper, but it has a meaning attached to it. It is just another form of exchange. Money could be grains of corn just as easy. It just says I have worked "x" amount of hours, and I get "x" amount of dollars, or I have sold "x" amount of products for "x" amount of money. The money now has a value. It has the value "we" place on it. How can we give the money more value? My idea... We can change it by making and selling good products, doing good work, etc. Being productive, doing well. And we can simply say that money is valuable again.

It is really not that much different than trading things. A fur for a bushel of corn for example, basically saying that a fur is equal in value to a bushel of corn. You just get money in exchange for your efforts or products and you then spend it as you like.

If we want our dollar to be worth something, then we simply change it.

Let CNN and Fox talk amongst themselves and pull each other down, not us. I'm not going to waste my time watching it.

Unplug yourself from the media, and lets move on with life. Now, that's not to say, don't keep up to date on weather and really important news. After all, there could be a hurricane or something bad coming that you want to be prepared for. Just know what news is really beneficial and what news is just media scare tactics and garbage. If you can, find a media outlet that doesn't unnecessarily promote fear and negativity.

I really have to hammer in this point. The media can really have a negative effect on you, especially if you are glued to it, like some people are. There are a lot of folks out there that can recite what they saw on the news, and they get themselves all drawn downward into the "goo." Some of them don't see a way out. They think they can't change anything. It is not true, unless you let it be true.

We are the people of this country, and of this world. We are the ones who are going to put the future there. Don't let the media put a future there for you.

And, try to find a way to get your friends and family away from the media. Skillfully, some people are addicted to it like crack or something. You could just try and get them to do something else. Get out, take a walk, go to the store, something, play a game, help them start a business, something. Take the "cathode ray media nipple" out of their mouths.

Troy

[edit on 10-10-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would like to revive this thread, so we can get a fresh perspective on things. Folks, doom and gloom does not have to be our future.

It's disappointing to see how companies are laying off. But what is happening now with jobs and the economy doesn't make much sense.

A lot of what is going on is fear generated.

Here is the reality, products can still be made, and products can still be sold. People can still provide services What's the problem?

It's as if we have no control over this, and there is some big mysterious global economical meltdown. Why? What is really at the root of this?

Again, I think a lot of this is media and other forces driving in negative images of economic problems. So, why does there have to be a big crisis? There doesn't.

If we gotta "burn down" (not literally) CNN news buildings, so they aren't pumping us full of crap, then that's what we should do.

Not literally, but we need to send these morons a message that we know what they are trying to do, and we're not going to listen to it anymore. We need to pull our support for organizations like these. If all you have to report about is chaos and mayhem, we're not going to turn your station on.

The same goes for newspapers and media publications that are also focused on spreading Chaos.

Let's send them letters and e-mails and let them know how we feel.

How does it make you feel, when you pick up a newspaper, or you turn on the news, and all you hear about is negative? Do you think this helps you do better in life? Does it lift your spirits? Does anything good come out of it? To me it's "poison" just like Big Pharma pushes on us, except in this case it is "mental" poison.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join