It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Unit Deploys: Orders Undetermined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Deployment

MASON CITY --- Mike Perrott stood in front of two charter buses Monday at the Mason City National Guard Armory. Groups of soldiers walked by, threw belongings into the cargo hold and boarded. "It's tough to stand here and watch," he said as the troops loaded the bus. "It's like family. I really wish I was going along." The Iowa National Guard's 1133rd Transportation Company took its first step toward deployment in the Middle East. The unit, which has about 150 soldiers, will stay at Camp Dodge for up to six weeks during home station activation. Perrott of Nora Springs was with the 1133rd in 2003 and 2004 and went to Iraq. He retired in December 2004.

Okay, I do not want to be an alarmist. However, I have several friends who have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. And even those in sensitive units (ie I have a friend who is SF) have been able to tell you a general idea of where they are going weeks prior to deployment. Yet, this unit, with Iraq veterans, is deploying for training before deployment and the members are just speculating they are headed to Iraq.

Just food for thought.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Secondary source

Oh and then there is this article as well. Which also mentions the activation of a medical unit. I checked, the medical unit did not receive specific orders either.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

And even those in sensitive units (ie I have a friend who is SF) have been able to tell you a general idea of where they are going weeks prior to deployment.

Interesting, because I have known quite a few (and was engaged to SF) and none of them could tell me a darn thing of where they were going when they left. To me, this is normal.

So, yeah. I see this as nothing alarming or odd. *shrug*

[edit on 10/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Geez, now that's strange.

A unit that gets deployment orders and someone knows how to shut their mouths and not leak out the location.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by traderjack

And even those in sensitive units (ie I have a friend who is SF) have been able to tell you a general idea of where they are going weeks prior to deployment.

Interesting, because I have known quite a few (and was engaged to SF) and none of them could tell me a darn thing of where they were going when they left. To me, this is normal.

So, yeah. I see this as nothing alarming or odd. *shrug*

[edit on 10/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

Odd because a college friend is an 18 Echo in a reserve unit and he told me and several other friends weeks ahead of time he was being redeployed to Iraq. He couldn't give the exact location or the details of his operation. Of course, what do I know.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It says they're preparing for Middle East deployment. And that they'll find out more definite plans after their training. Not to mention there's always OPSEC issues with something like this.

No big deal.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A military unit deploying and not making public thier destination. Sounds like a plan to me. I see no conspiracy here.

Nothing to see here citizens, move along.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Konklar]

top topics

join