It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama comments dq him from whitehouse... What about McCains startling words???? Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I doubt I will hear any sort of retort from those throwing rocks from glass houses.... But here goes...

Palin denounced Obama, took him out of context and claimed that Obama said that the US military was intentionally killing civilians. now that argument has dwindled to Obama being a traitor for even hinting at the death of civilians...

I present this....compare the comments

In the most obscene chapter in recent American history is the conduct of the Kosovo conflict when the president of the United States refused to prepare for ground operations, refused to have air power used effectively because he wanted them flying -- he had them flying at 15,000 feet where they killed innocent civilians because they were dropping bombs from such -- in high altitude.

this was a quote from John McCain in 2000.

compare it to what Obama said out of context from this McCain ad

so now what? You either condemn John McCain as much as you did Obama, or you admit neither are traitors and drop this idiot argument.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Well I know you are an honorable on topic kind of guy...

But I think the attempt to paint OBAMA in the manner Mccain/palin are is
not going to serve them much... In fact, I think her fireside BURN UM AT THEE STAKE
attitude is scaring away indies at a ferocious pace.

I find it rather stupid, political speaking, that the GOP camp is evoking the SAME ENERGY that BUSH and co have been cultivating for the past eight. This is absolute
insanity to be perceived in any way to BUSH, his tactics or his rhetoric. This is like driving a thousand mile past the money IMO.

I saw this coming, an ATSER (???) posted once - MCCAIN AND PALIN are going to
be tempted to go the BUSH/ROVE route and when they do OBAMAS message
of MORE OF THE SAME - will solidify like concrete in an oven...

I welcome this squirm of death wholeheartedly

did you see todays ARG POLLS?

O - 50

MC - 42

IN WEST VIRGINIA!

This is a place where the "N" word is as coming as "HEY" in my experience.

It can't be indicative of anything good for the GOP ticket.

Mccain is wandering around the political mine field like a blind palsy victim.

SORRY if this is off topic- but....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No one's words disqualify them from anything, Obama or McCain. I think the only things Obama or McCain could say at this point that would disqualify them would be something along the lines of "Yeah, you're right. I lied. I'm not a U.S. citizen."

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

was this a jab at me, or were you serious?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by mental modulator

was this a jab at me, or were you serious?

VERY SERIOUS... You are one of the most objective on topic debaters here.

I was trying to give you
because it has shown IMO.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

oh well than thank you then. not sure with so many trolls on here. tough to read into sarcasm sometimes via the internet.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As assumed, not much retort from the mccain defenders or the obama attackers on his comment. perhaps they see the hypocrisy.... it runs on both sides, but boy is the spotlight shining now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
As assumed, not much retort from the mccain defenders or the obama attackers on his comment. perhaps they see the hypocrisy.... it runs on both sides, but boy is the spotlight shining now.

Im fences down way... I don't see how on Earth two, almost proportionally equal groups of people can see the same happenstance so differently. Honestly it never ceases to boggle my mind.

As we see it as the ultimate hypocrisy the other half sees the same concept as, well I honestly don't know?

I am inclined to think that the two sides have two separate realities... In that, the concepts of politics, right and wrong and the game itself is are two completely different
constructs. Literally a version of two streams of consciousness colliding.

Some time I can step back and see the big picture, some times I cannot.

I realize the concepts of left and right mirror the isolation of hot and cold - light and dark - laugh and cry - fight or discuss...

Regardless, the entire political realm is not at all rational. I think this irrational tendency
in inherent and directly related to the duality of nature.

The most interesting fact is that the ratio of these two massive social conscious
is near even. Liken it to half the Earth is always dark... Seems this applies to human interaction when it comes to decisions and world view.

LIBS - think the act of killing in war is the WORST possible outcome that occurs in conflict.

CONS - seem to think the act and concept of war supersedes other circumstances or occurrences.

LIBS - stop the shooting because there are people there!

CONS - those people got in the way of war!

Anyhow, I still think John Mccain is going way low...

I think the CONS figure Mccain is going so low because Obama is that low...

You see I see EXCEPTIONAL traits in OBAMA... He is highly disciplined, focused and collected. And I see him as much more down to earth than Mccain. The funniest thing
is that John has tried to paint Obama as not accessible or elitist. I could not see things more differently if I tried.

Mccain is wound up tight as a drum, he is aggressive, he is condescending and patronizing to the end. Most of his decisions have been like a tub boat smashing into
the harbor rocks as it changes corse. Mccain is like a 70's cadi and Obama is like a
wind-surfer. Mccain often will crank the engine and run over his own foot before he has even put his butt in the seat. Not only that he seems insistent on jumping out the door
before the car has even stopped.

Funny stuff

CONSERVATIVE POV to me is like READY!!!!FIRE!!!!!!!AIM!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
mccain was corect in his statement. there is a big difference between what he said and "air raiding villages in the dark of night and killing civilians".
Mccain was saying that we needed to engage on the ground, obama is saying that the ground troops are killing civilians.
HUGE difference.
besides it won't matter anymore in 20012 Dr. Savage will reign supreme!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
mccain was corect in his statement. there is a big difference between what he said and "air raiding villages in the dark of night and killing civilians".
Mccain was saying that we needed to engage on the ground, obama is saying that the ground troops are killing civilians.
HUGE difference.
besides it won't matter anymore in 20012 Dr. Savage will reign supreme!!!

so let me get this straight, mccain, who said we are killing civilians with laser precision missiles in the air is different..... than obama saying this

Obama (August 2007): We’ve got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we’re not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous problems there.

And its not like Obama pulled that line out of nowhere.

But Obama was on solid ground. As The Associated Press concluded: "As of Aug. 1 [2007], the AP count shows that while militants killed 231 civilians in attacks in 2007, Western forces killed 286. Another 20 were killed in crossfire that can't be attributed to one party." Even President Bush admitted that there were too many civilian casualties, saying: "The president [Afghan president Hamid Karzai] rightly expressed his concerns about civilian casualty. And I assured him that we share those concerns."

the truth

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a lot of quiet. yet the thread attacking obama for this quote is 3 plus pages. silence equals consent where i come from.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No wrong, and it is not an "idiot argument", which coming from you is not such a surprising term. Anyone who bashes the Military, especially without having shown any previous respect for it, deserves no sympathy.

What Senator McCain was referring to was the way in which the Ops were being run. They were being Micro-managed from the Oval Office, and as a direct result of the lack of Laser-Targeting/Coordinate Feeding ground forces, munitions were landing astray when they did not have to be. We even hit the Chinese Embassy if you may so recall. He also DIRECTLY blamed the Commander-in-Chief, and NOT the Military personnel. It is the same reason behind why Vietnam was a disaster, when we let our Commander-in-Chief dictate the ROE, TAC Procedures, OP Status, and Target Acquisition. President Clinton was so horrible during the entire conflict, that he even made public the Video Footage of the PJ's rescuing the downed F-117 Pilot. That should have been a Classified Document.

Senator Obama on the other hand, through intention or blunder of speech, placed the blame upon the Military personnel themselves. He also claimed that the Military was doing nothing but "JUST" Attacking Villages and Killing Innocent Civilians, where as Senator McCain is citing a specific flaw within a Micro-managed strategy.

Nice job of not realizing the obvious difference, simply for want of Partisanship.

top topics

join