It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuttal in defiance of PREDICTIONS happen all the time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hello my keen and well respected fellow ATSers,

As a 7 month old ATSer myself, I was wondering why so many people are so conveniently saying "predictions like this happen all the time". Forgive me for my ignorance here, and yes i know 'profit' yahwey is the runner up for sensationalism, but can anyone shed some light on WHO or WHEN these other predictions similar or not to blossom have occured?

for the sake of argument lets leave alex collier out, since he never really states a date, and we all know he never really comes out of the house anyway, so he's HARDLY all the time.

dorothy izatt. quiet.
edgar mitchel, not really saying much about either
jim sparks, well...hes more about being 'pulled' than them dropping in.
hmmmm... i really want to know what it is that ive been missing.

maybe we should reference a previous "prediction" when saying it happens all the time. i say this because i like to find common threads in people who say thay have made contact. i look for similarities, as some already know.

the lack of actual responses related to my request to have previous predictions layed out on the table my prove my point all in its own right.

ill be hunting for em too, just in case. ENJOY YOUR DAY PEOPLE!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
but can anyone shed some light on WHO or WHEN these other predictions similar or not to blossom have occured?

Google is my friend. Three results that, on the surface, look pretty good. My search terms were, "doomsday predictions historical".

AH....Bad Doomsday Predictions, Goldberg, J., 2007
Failed Predictions, Wikipedia
The Doomsday List

Here's some results from the search term, "failed predictions alien visits";

Still Waiting Love that title!
Apocalypse Now? Thirty Days When the World Didn't End

These kinds of predictions happen all the time. Many of the details vary....the past predictions were more along the lines of doom and gloom, whereas the most current seem to be "light" and "happiness" coming from an outside source. So, the meme is evolving, but the sentiment is the same.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

stared, thank you for the effort.

but i also want to appologize for not being clear! i didnt not want predictions that were not related to ET encounters. i know it clearly looks like i stated that though, sorry i just ment weather its a blossom prediction or someone else who claims to have contact.

ive looked through a few of your links and will continue to do so.

external sournce:
173. A thousand people partied on a stretch of unfinished interstate highway north of San Diego in response to posters distributed by Mark Block who claimed extraterrestrials would land 11:49 p.m. on June 21, 1979.

thank YOU mr. PENNY!

[edit on 10/9/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Here is loads on the end of the world.

www.bible.ca...

Computers....

Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and weigh only 1.5 tons.»
Popular Mechanics, March 1949.

The Jupiter effect

The Jupiter Effect came out in 1974 and was written by two astrophysicists, John Gribben and Stephen Plagemann. It was about all nine planets aligning on March 10, 1982 to create a gravitational pull that would cause a huge increase in sunspots, solar, flares, and/or earthquakes. Many credophiles took this as a prediction. Although author Gribben even came out and said it was a theoretical “what if” festival without much of any real substance behind it, people believed it was going to happen and would not be deterred. Interesting Fact: While the effect did not cause major catastrophe, there was some influence by the planets, with high tide calculated at 0.04 millimeters higher than normal.

Source

Y2K anyone???

Heavens gate/hale bopp??

Just do some google searches.... the failed predictions are out there....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Specifically? Do me a favor and look into Leon Fesinger and his book When Prophecy Fails. The events in the book and the situation described is timeless....it reads like stuff posted right here on ATS. Damn near to the word. And it was published in 1956.

I'll give you a jump start...

When Prophecy Fails

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thank you kindly,

it really does happen all the time. case closed.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Hey, you're most welcome.

Most definitely not.... a one line post

top topics

join