It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG execs went on $500K retreat within days of taxpayer bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

AIG execs went on $500K retreat within days of taxpayer bailout

blogs.usatoday.com

AIG executives spent $500,000 at an exclusive resort just days after the U.S. government agreed to spend $85 billion to protect the giant insurer from collapse, according to Rep. Henry Waxman, the California Democrat who chairs the House Oversight Committee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There we have it - the rich keep getting richer. What incentives do these companies have to stop taking risks with other peoples money when they can reward themselves for failling in such a rediculous manner!?

The government bailout only serves to benefit the same people who get rich by taking risks with money that isn't theirs. Its sickening!

blogs.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
man, this makes me wish i could steal some of their money , ....

they are filthy rich and yet govt bails them out

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yeah this is sick... What was it, half a million to put these fat cats in a retreat and soak in a hot tub? That is pretty messed up, seriously. I'd love to see these insurance scammers go down for the count. Too bad they got bailed out.
Sooner or later they will get what is coming to them.

Regards,

-map

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Yeah, you don't see the gov't bailing out people who have defaulted on their mortgages because of increasing interest rates. The money spent in the UK and USA bailing out banks could have cleared a majority of peoples mortgages - but what use is a populace if they're not tied to debt to make them slaves!?

new topics

top topics

join