It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More concern about Army's new unit to enforce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This article describes in detail how the Bush administration has placed an army brigade under the command of NorthCom for domestic issues and instances of martial law. It looks like everything is in place for the Neo-Con-Artists to suspend democracy for the sake of the Economy. At least Leahy is making the issue known!

www.progressive.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You tellin' me there's a gonna be martial law in this great land? Hellfire, I don't believe it. Those troops are there for our country, for our freedom, for our democracy. What harm could possibly come from hardened Iraq war veterans engaging in crowd control duties involving U.S. citizens here in the "homeland?" Besides, should things go awry, preachers have already been instructed to preach to their congregations about submitting to government IF martial law should every be declared. Not that I, from my seat here in the sheep pen, believe such a thing could ever happen here in America. Good news is, if something like this were to happen, all the pieces would already be in place to spring it overnight, for our own protection, of course. Not that I, here in the maze, believe such a thing could ever happen.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by DellGribble]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by DellGribble]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My daddy was a hardened veteran coming home from ` WW2. My sweetheart is a hardened veteran home from Vietnam. More than one young man I fed at my home when they were boys are hardened veterans home from Iraq. Oh yes, one of my husbands was a hardened veteran home from Vietnam.

They all were very brave and decorated. Their hearts and souls were traumatized but not one I've met ever lost his love for America and it's people.

When people are hungry and try to break in your home and steal what you've saved you will be damn glad to see that US soldier saving your life.

I'm sick of being afraid to call myself patriotic. I'm sick of not wanting anyone to hear me say how much I love my country and it's people.

I am an American and am proud of it. Only an America loving people can save our country. We have become a nation of cowards. It's not cool to be patriotic.

Well people let me tell you now if you don't get off your duffs and stand up and be counted willing to die for your rights then you deserve no freedoms.

Those young boys that grew up and went to Iraq love our country more than ever. I've attended the funerals of several of "my boys". The ones that survived and came home still come to visit me and I still feed them the things they liked as little boys. They are not monsters.

Flame me if you must. But examine your hearts while you enjoy the freedoms we still have. What have you done to deserve your rights.

This post is not directed at our vets. To you I say thank you for your service to our country. Some gave all so we could live freely.

God bless America.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

When people are hungry and try to break in your home and steal what you've saved you will be damn glad to see that US soldier saving your life.

I'm sick of being afraid to call myself patriotic. I'm sick of not wanting anyone to hear me say how much I love my country and it's people.

I am an American and am proud of it. Only an America loving people can save our country. We have become a nation of cowards. It's not cool to be patriotic.

Dizzie, let me begin by saying I salute your family's service. You and your family have every right to call yourselves patriots and to be proud of the ideals of America. However, I feel that you are misinterpreting the frustrations and fears inherent in the posters of this thread and throughout this nation. We don't fear and mistrust the individual soldiers stationed in our country. We fear and mistrust the immoral leaders (Bush and Cheney) who would use these soldiers to further exploit the tragic events of 9/11, and the possible events to come, to continue to erode the constitution and freedoms that your family member have fought so hard to preserve.

Your family, and the millions of families like it throughout American history, form the backbone of our great country. However, it pains me to see you fall for the snake oil salesmen in the Republican party who would have you believe that anyone who is against the war, its funding, or its continuation is somehow "against the troops." In fact, most people who are against this war formed this opinion out of the desire to see your sons, whom so bravely fought, or are fighting, in Iraq, come home safely from this illegal, poorly managed, misguided war.

The people in this thread are not afraid of the veterans here protecting us in our homes, they are afraid that the soldiers will drag us from them and that they will do this not because they want to, but because they will be ordered to. Personally, I think that the chances of this happening are slim to none. I feel this way because I doubt any truly American soldier would ever follow these orders. However, after the last eight years, I find it hard to have faith in much of anything, including, sadly, our own soldiers.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I am not afraid of soldiers, nor am I afraid of corrupt leaders. What terrifies me are the 'patriots' whose idea of patriotism is so narrowly defined, it more resembles WW2 germany than WW2 America.

It should not have to be said:

It is not unpatriotic to think

It is not unpatriotic to question

It is not unpatriotic to dissent

To do otherwise is to shame those who have laid down their lives for you. Deserve it.

top topics

join