It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America must adjust foreign aid to a new world order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

America must adjust foreign aid to a new world order

seattletimes.nwsource.com

With an insider's knowledge, Rep. Adam Smith, D-Tacoma, recently told me that no matter who wins the White House, the United States will dramatically change how and to whom it bestows billions in foreign aid each year.

Smith is a senior member of the U.S. House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee and chairman of the House Armed Services terrorism subcommittee. He ought to know.

The typical path of our foreign aid has been as straightforward as the alphabet. Development and humanitarian assistance led to public goodwill or influence. Another route involved our military. See Iraq for further details.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I realize the article is an opinion piece, but take strong notice that it directly addresses close contact between the author and Senior member of the US House Foreign Affairs Committee & chairman of the Armed Services terrorism subcommittee, Representative Adam Smith. The article is really nothing but fluff, "We've got to reform our foreign aid" OK, no kidding... but why the title?

I think the question has to be asked, can we even afford to continue sending any government sponsored foreign aid to any country at this time? The mere fact that our leaders continue to stress it's importance while even the nation's recieving much of the aid question how it can continue speaks to the concept that our government is an actor playing a role in a much larger production. Intended or not, I think Lynne Varner hit the nail on the head when she used that fatefull NWO tagline in the title of this piece.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join