It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Booms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Since I have lived in this house since 1996, there have always been numerous sonic booms for about a 3 hour period coming from somewhere that can't determine. I live about 45 minutes from Quantico marine base, and there aren't any air force installations close to my residence, but i've always been puzzled by what these "booms" could be. Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What state do you live in? (If you don't mind sharing.)

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Virginia, Val. Right now they're going off in bursts, maybe 8 or 10 every half minute or so. I live in the vicinity of the deceased Vint Hill Farm station.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I also live next to a Marine Core Air Station. My house is right on the coast and about 17 miles from this base. Every now and again the F18's will light it up over the island I live on before making their way out to the Atlantic. Always pisses the moms off when they break the fine china.

The base claims to hold its pilots to a speed limit, but after talking to some of these guys, they say they ignore it. Who's going to enfoce the speed limit? So they pretty much go as fast as they want over the poor, rural South Carolinian countryside until they're over my island, that's when they really start to move.

It's probably the jar's messin' around.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Funny you should mention this. We are traveling this week and yesterday, while headed North on I-81 near Woodstock, VA we spotted a pair of F-15's to the West of the interstate, also headed North, accompanied by a sonic boom. I was just looking up who operates fighters in the area and was reading about the fighter wing at Langley Air Force Base. They have Eagles and also a demo flying unit.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Funny you should mention this. We are traveling this week and yesterday, while headed North on I-81 near Woodstock, VA we spotted a pair of F-15's to the West of the interstate, also headed North, accompanied by a sonic boom. I was just looking up who operates fighters in the area and was reading about the fighter wing at Langley Air Force Base. They have Eagles and also a demo flying unit.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Interesting i tryed getting some information but with no luck
only thing i found interesting was a site that talked about sonic booms and near Arlington Virginia AF base called "Edwards AF Base" heres the link Here

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Interesting i tryed getting some information but with no luck
only thing i found interesting was a site that talked about sonic booms and near Arlington Virginia AF base called "Edwards AF Base" heres the link Here

Isn't Edwards Air Force Base in Cal4nia?

Anyway... what section of Virginia do you live in if I'm not intruding?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Shadowman, Shugo is right, Edwards is in California. Shadow, perhaps you are thinking about andrews afb. Most likely Andrews

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yea...but...you said you don't live near any air force bases? Did you mean you don't live near any air force bases that you know about? You never know unless your workin' for the government...!

top topics

join