It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jack Cafferty Cheers: 9/11 Gorelick too Glib; Go CLARKE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm going to ramble a minute here... feel free to join.

I kind of like the jerk Cafferty on CNN AM. He serves no purpose but to sit on the couch and bitch but typically he's saying exactly what I'd be saying in his place.

He just played tape of something I was pissed off about yesterday watching the 9/11 Commission. Commissioner Jamie Gorelick spoke for 9 and a half of the 16 minutes she was allowed to interview Tenet. He got about 6 minutes to respond. The whole point of these things is to learn something from the subjects, not politically grandstand for the TV cameras.

I don't know if Gorelick is a Dem or Repub and I don't care. She was disgusting. Most all of them are. Thanking each member profusely for their service (except Clarke of course, but that's another partisan issue) and making jokes about how short their time is while droning on and on... making statements, not asking questions.

Many will disagree, but I found CLARKE the only breath of fresh air in the whole thing. I mean SOMETHING went wrong on 9/11. I was sick of one after another witness talking about how everyone was so perfect (both under Clinton and Bush) and nothing more could be done, and the Commissioners all praising each and every one.

Right or wrong, so far Clarke is the only one actually serving the purpose of this whole thing IMO. Criticise and figure out what went wrong. I mean something did! Right? Only a fool would think we handled the build up after the Millenium perfectly... or a partisan apologist.

Condi is another one. She can't testify in public but she can go on every news channel in America and call impromtu press conferences to respond to each and every charge of Clarke regarding her terror efforts pre 9/11? Why not just testify? She does daily on the damn news as part of her campaign to stay employeed under Bush. She's really lost every scrap of respect I ever had for her which was significant at one time.

Anyway, all responses and views appreciated (but not necessarily respected). I don't see how anyone could listen to Clarke's testimony and not at least have doubts about Rice and Bush during their loooong honeymoon period of figuring out how to run the country from Crawford.

If I can acknowledge Bush somewhat got his act together since 9/11, I would hope a Bush fan could acknowledge he was lacking pre-9/11. Keep that in mind as you consider the purpose of the hearings... it's not supposed to be a defense of anyone's record or job... but a means of getting at what went wrong leading up to 9/11 and fixing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Cafferty is a local NY newsman who has gone national.....I love how he doesn't hide his disdain for the Jim Carrey clone with the faux reflextive voice.

If we had a media with ANY BALLS, they would ask Long Grain exactly what you & I have been thinking - get off of every basic cable & network newscast, and get in front of the board.

As for Clarke, he was on NPR's "Fresh Air" last night - the man was stellar....they can't run from him & the story has too much critical mass to be buried.

The panel was cursed to start, having died several deaths at the hands of the Bush cover up team. That is "lives" now in some shadow form of what should be it's true intent is of no suprise. They've already drawn the disgust of the 9/11 families in attendance who were appaled at the Republican panel members attempted character assasination on Clarke.
Remember, there is no need for concession...and damn it RANT, if you start I'll slap you silly!
These are neo-fascists, not neo-conservatives, that will extend the war-cover up all complicity-and will allow terror events again as they did on 9/11 to stay in power.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Cafferty is a local NY newsman who has gone national.....I love how he doesn't hide his disdain for the Jim Carrey clone with the faux reflextive voice.

If we had a media with ANY BALLS, they would ask Long Grain exactly what you & I have been thinking - get off of every basic cable & network newscast, and get in front of the board.

As for Clarke, he was on NPR's "Fresh Air" last night - the man was stellar....they can't run from him & the story has too much critical mass to be buried.

The panel was cursed to start, having died several deaths at the hands of the Bush cover up team. That is "lives" now in some shadow form of what should be it's true intent is of no suprise. They've already drawn the disgust of the 9/11 families in attendance who were appaled at the Republican panel members attempted character assasination on Clarke.
Remember, there is no need for concession...and damn it RANT, if you start I'll slap you silly!
These are neo-fascists, not neo-conservatives, that will extend the war-cover up all complicity-and will allow terror events again as they did on 9/11 to stay in power.

I grew up watching cafferty here in NY. He used to be a straight up anchor-man. I think he was more of the "three-martini" lunch old school of reporters.

I think it is hilarious to watch him go off on people, esp politicians.

new topics

join