What? is going on re: trapped U.K. persons in Mexican caves

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
#1. They were 'meant' to be on a caving expedition for 3 days, but are
still trapped by flash flooding after a week. (Yet, they are reported to be fine
with adequate supplies.?)
#2. They point blank refused help from Mexico rescue team(s), insisting
on only U.K. rescuers.
#3. The cavers all entered Mexico on tourist visa's, so why the secrecy?

Something doesn't add up (or down) here.

news.scotsman.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
us.cnn.com...
S.


[Edited on 25-3-2004 by sanctum]




posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
These guys are probably SAS and SBS. The special ops forces are fanatical about keeping their identities secret. They could even be carrying special eqipment that they don't want anyone else to see.

You can guarantee that the media would have their photos plastered all over the pages of the newspapers if they are rescued by Mexican authorities. This means a lay-off from active service for at least a couple of months.

SAS often go into countries on tourist Visas. There's a fine line between what they do for work and what they do for enjoyment.

The Ministry of Defence said the men were there during a combined services adventurous training expedition and were not on exercise.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Right on, Leveller

I wonder what they are looking for, and/or setting up?
I'm looking for info re, the 'mole phone' now.
Something is suss' about this adventure

S.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Something is definately up.

I doubt they are special forces though.These are scientists.

My best guess is that they were looking for mineral resources in an unofficial/official capacity.They probably have shedloads of testing equipment down there and they had no idea that by refusing Mexican help they've drawn greater attention to themselves.Could be gold or silver.

If they were special forces they would have waited it out.The water level is dropping.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Sorry, but I disagree.

Do you honestly think that if these guys were sepcial forces that the story would have got out ? If they were on an excercise then they would have communication with a support team at least, and would have arranged their own rescue without the need for the local military to get involved.

To be honest, if I were in that expedition, I would prefer the aid of experienced, military rescue teams than the assistance of the local guys who'm I suspect would struggle to organise a p*@s up in a brewery, plus there would be the inevitable language barrier which in a tense, rescue situation could prove difficult.

Only if the situation became desperate would I ask for their help.




posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is the closest thing to an underground 'mole phone', I can
find at the moment. I don't even know if it's tech' a phone, but
it has Bluetooth.(Does that make it a phone, of sorts?)

www.tdsway.com...
And also...
www.surveylab.co.nz...
News sources stated the team of cavers were 'in-touch'
via a "mole phone". Me thinks their definition of Phone,
varies from civvy lingo.
S.


[Edited on 25-3-2004 by sanctum]



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My best guess is this scenario.

A couple of British pot-holers go into the cave about 3 months ago while on holiday.They come across a mineral deposit,say gold,and they take a sample.

They get in touch with British authorities when they get home and show them the sample.A secret scientific expedition is set up to check it out.

If they find it is gold then a British company makes a bid for the apparently worthless land.

Hey presto! Everybody is rich.

I'm not saying it's exactly that but something like it.

Problem is the Mexicans are going to feel pretty upset and they are still angry with the UK for spying on them in the UN a year ago.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argus
Sorry, but I disagree.

Do you honestly think that if these guys were sepcial forces that the story would have got out ? If they were on an excercise then they would have communication with a support team at least, and would have arranged their own rescue without the need for the local military to get involved.

To be honest, if I were in that expedition, I would prefer the aid of experienced, military rescue teams than the assistance of the local guys who'm I suspect would struggle to organise a p*@s up in a brewery, plus there would be the inevitable language barrier which in a tense, rescue situation could prove difficult.

Only if the situation became desperate would I ask for their help.



Argus, one must remember these persons are foriegners(sp)
in Mexico as 'guests', read...visas. Also, there would be no
language barrier, come on... plenty of Mexicans speak English.
With the sad history of very large 'quakes in Mexico, I would have
no problem accepting their assistance, in this type of rescue.
If it is really a rescue

S.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
My best guess is this scenario.

A couple of British pot-holers go into the cave about 3 months ago while on holiday.They come across a mineral deposit,say gold,and they take a sample.

They get in touch with British authorities when they get home and show them the sample.A secret scientific expedition is set up to check it out.

If they find it is gold then a British company makes a bid for the apparently worthless land.

Hey presto! Everybody is rich.

I'm not saying it's exactly that but something like it.

Problem is the Mexicans are going to feel pretty upset and they are still angry with the UK for spying on them in the UN a year ago.


JB1, Dont you think someone in the Mexican Gov', would do a
'wtf', if a foreign Gov', made a bid for 'apparently worthless' land.
Like, um...if it's worthless why do they want to buy it?
S.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They can't be SF's. If that was the case no one would know they where there, unless they where being tracked/followed.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
They can't be SF's. If that was the case no one would know they where there, unless they where being tracked/followed.


Good point Britman. But, the Mexican Govt', sure knows something
is going on now.
S.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well,there is Uranium in that area of Mexico.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, the leader of the expedition says this is the reason why they're in Mexico:

Steve Whitlock, leader of the expedition, has said the cave structure may be among the world's longest and that the group is trying to map it for the Royal Geographical Society of Great Britain.

www.cnn.com...

Why would the military be doing something geographical in Mexico? Shouldn't that be a geographers job?




posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The team of cavers were there as civilians in a recreational capacity. It is a common practise for military & scientists to have adventuring/outdoor activity, that go off around the world. Had the caves not flooded, they'd have had their adventure holiday, and gone home again with a map in hand. No biggy.



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Does any one know what the re: in the topic is for??? Sorry for the one liner but I am curious.



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Does any one know what the re: in the topic is for??? Sorry for the one liner but I am curious.


ilp, it's short for regarding,
S.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Latest update: www.itv.com...

I thought someone had mentioned uranium in this thread but I didn't see it just now after scanning the posts. If you did, hats off to you for your hunch. If charges of searching for radioactive materials were dropped that means they were initially raised. Hmmmm.....





top topics
 
0

log in

join