It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap, i'm still getting sucked in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anybody else having the same problem? I tried to stay emotionally neutral or even positive over the whole economic skirmish worldwide. On the front i hope this is not really it but huge parts of me do feel anticipation for what is unfolding before our eyes.

That is not really the problem, for me. The problem i have is that i do feel temporary fear when i watch the news or any thing on TV going on about the economy. When i don't watch and just surf the web looking for information i don't have it. So, the topic is in this metaphysical forum on a conspiracy site for a reason.

The conspiracy here is that money or even material power is not what it is about, it is about the concentrated fear we emit when looking to the news. Think about it. Which country does not have a eight o'clock news as the most populair one in general? So in every timezone on eight the fear emits a concentrated 'beam' into the mass subconsciuousness.

If you do not look at the news it is possible you will pick up the fear of the people that are watching it and get itchy. If you do look at the news the fear you have will be intensified because of the similar emotions being so prominent.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy to have the same negative effect by the way. Eight o'clock is a good time to sit down and get the news. This could just be unintended damage.

This should be testable in some way shouldn't it? Not in a clinical way mind you, just for people that are interested in it and with themselves as a testsubject?

Does this make sense?

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes it makes sense...

Fear is mostly a biological reaction, which the brain then interpretes as emotion, remember that.

Get a good spiritual grounding, in whatever tradition suites you, and then learn that you can separate your mind and your biology. That helps me.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Well said. The essence of all the mythologies of the world, and also the religions too (for the most part) are about realizing that you and your spirit CANNOT be enslaved, nor even TOUCHED by the evil that is around your body and mind.

Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Yes it makes sense...

Fear is mostly a biological reaction, which the brain then interpretes as emotion, remember that.

Thanks, good advice! I knew it but never thought about it, so now it is strengthend

Get a good spiritual grounding, in whatever tradition suites you, and then learn that you can separate your mind and your biology. That helps me.

I'm pretty much grounded but the news was just to much for me. I'll just skip it and stick to the web. And i will regain my neutrallity in this issue, concentrate on a positive outcome.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good points.

I stopped my cable subscription a year ago and feel better on many levels.

But now I am getting sucked into this place, and frankly I am beginning to get a bit depressed about all the doomsday topics.

not that I believe a lot of that crap but I see too many people who do...

So that is getting the same effect on people.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by asmeone2

Well said. The essence of all the mythologies of the world, and also the religions too (for the most part) are about realizing that you and your spirit CANNOT be enslaved, nor even TOUCHED by the evil that is around your body and mind.

Stay safe.

That was probably the single most enlightening thing I can remember learning.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty much grounded but the news was just to much for me. I'll just skip it and stick to the web. And i will regain my neutrallity in this issue, concentrate on a positive outcome.

It's good to be aware of the news... since there are always things that can effect you personally and physically, but realizing that none of these things can effect your *soul* unless you let them is truly liberating... only you can do that though.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
It's good to be aware of the news... since there are always things that can effect you personally and physically, but realizing that none of these things can effect your *soul* unless you let them is truly liberating... only you can do that though.

Wise words. Again, knew it but it got fogged up the last few days. This thread is getting me back in the centre, just what i needed

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No problem Harman, these are difficult times and now more than ever we need each other's help.

new topics

top topics

join