It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Alert: 1 million drought victims in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

World Alert: 1 million drought victims in Syria

www.freepressinternational.com

The United Nations last week launched an appeal for $20 million to help up to 1 millions Syrians, predominantly herders and subsistence farmers, hit by the country’s worst drought in four decades.

The situation is not expected to improve until next spring, and that is if the rains do not fail for a second year in a row, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
coordination of humanitarian affairs. this is so disturbing. i do not want to think about the drought in the southeast and the effects it is having and will have on southerners. crops are failing and wells are drying up and the price of water has went up along with manadated restrictions of its use.

our whole world is falling apart. economy, disease and famine.

www.freepressinternational.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Things like this leave me wondering why countries the world over, are so concerned with armies and weapons. The best way (in my opinion) to have a strong country.....is to take care of your people. I look at things like this and wonder..."what if all those weapons were edible?".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Things like this leave me wondering why countries the world over, are so concerned with armies and weapons. The best way (in my opinion) to have a strong country.....is to take care of your people. I look at things like this and wonder..."what if all those weapons were edible?".

Or better... Drinkable.

And what of Dean Kamen, free energy, and sea water...? If Dean Kamen's water purification device was combined with free energy to run it, it could purify sea water, which could be pumped or shipped to those in need (using free energy).

Will the Elite release free energy to save these people? Not on their wretched lives.

top topics

join