It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should we stock up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Im curious to see what everyones opinion is on when would be the logical time for prices on (generally) everything to skyrocket? when should I run out and grab as much water/food/resources as I can befor this inclination?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Personally the time to start stocking up was a a good while ago .

A few years ago reading the conspiracy pages bird flu ect . We can to a stark reality . If this or that doesn't come to pass you have food for a rainy day .

If it the current dooms day does not happen it is a matter of time till some thing happens . Hurricane tornado earthquake terrorist attack the list goes on and on . If you loss your job some food put aside would sure come in handy . Remember our current grocery store operating procedures is about 3 - 5 days worth of product in store.

A strike natural disaster or any thing that would disrupt the flow of products if there was a store run and they are wiped out in hrs 3 days supply isn't a lot of food . You could be stuck waiting for days for the next shipment comes in if the roads are closed who knows how long it could be.

Growing up we always had a few months worth of food on hand . we have been trying to get to 6m - year of supplies put back .

I would say start now with what you can afford doing what you can .

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I agree with the poster above. You should always try to keep a stock of food (that won't expire easely), water and some other things (meds etc) you really really need. It doesn't have to be luxurious, and you can live on beans and chocolate for quite a while, but you need to have some sort of stock.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Codex Alementarius begins December 31, 2009. You will need to be suffeciently stocked up on food by then. Stockpiling your food in an unknown location to others would also be highly recommended.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Basically yeah, it is a smart idea to have a buffer of supplies. You never know when that "big snowstorm" will hit and you will be isolated for awhile. If you can afford to buy and have some space, running a small buffer of goods is the smart move. Say 10 cans of x, eat a few, cycle a few back in next time you go shopping.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
yes, and i would have a good supply if i was in the possition that you guys are in. however, im currently on a 3 month trip in costa rica. at the moment im in a condo, I dont have a rental car until I do my little full country trip. so, i need This answered, When do you suppose the meltdown will hit, caused by these market failings?

also, excuse my ignorance, whats Codex Alementarius?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sooner is always better. People used to always have storerooms full of food anyway. Just from casual observation, a few of the things I regularly buy are already being phased out in favor of smaller sizes, sometimes half of what they were, for only a fraction less. Popcorn is one of them. And not just the gradual shrinkage of product portion that we've all been seeing, either. These changes I'm speaking of happened within two weeks, they put out the new small boxes and when the larger ones were sold out, they didn't replace them.

I'm trying to talk my family into getting a stockpile of food going again while prices are still in a familiar range. My grandparents all have large storerooms, but they lived through the Depression, so I guess it is ingrained in them.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ya you should be doing it now. I have been buying 8 kg bags of rice every pay check now for 2 months, They are sealed in a plastic bag and should be stored in a cool dry place. The first few I bought cost only 12 dollars ( canadian) but now the price has gone up to 15 dollars . I expect it to go higher yet over the next few months. I plan to buy other items such as dryed soup mixes and dryed beans etc.
If it turns out I never have to use them then no big deal as it will only be maybe 200 to 300 hunderd bucks I spent for a small peice of mind. Hell I know people who spend 100 to 120 bucks in one night in a bar or eating out.
Surely most people can afford too do this , just dont buy that 24 of beer one week or dont go out to eat one week etc etc...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
yes, and i would have a good supply if i was in the possition that you guys are in. however, im currently on a 3 month trip in costa rica. at the moment im in a condo, I dont have a rental car until I do my little full country trip. so, i need This answered, When do you suppose the meltdown will hit, caused by these market failings?

Ill state this again since no one seems to see it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ill state this again since no one seems to see it.

Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here is the official web site www.codexalimentarius.net... .

Basically they function like the FDA only on a global scale, requiring a certain amount of pesticide and poisons to be in the food you eat, also basically regulating it so that you can not buy food that is not regulated by these standards.

top topics

join