It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close is Sedna to Earth now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry this is in no way a conspiracy but I found no other place to ask this question.

Just discussing Sedna with the hubby and he asked me if we could see it. I told him no........ it's so far away. After thinking about it I am wondering since it's on an elliptical orbit where is it now?

Closest to us
Middle
Farthest from us

Anyone know?

Also he discussed getting me a telescope. Mind that I've always wanted one, but never used one. I want to get one thats really easy to use, good quality but not the most expensive. So can someone give me the quick tour?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, as far as Sedna goes, theres no way we can see it. Even at the closest point of its orbit (Which it is near now) it is much further away than even pluto (3 times or so I think). It can only just be picked up by our telescopes at the moment.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.gps.caltech.edu...

As far as telescopes, get one! Now is the perfect time to get a telescope as it is possible (just after dusk) to see all 5 of the nearest planets in the sky at once.

All you'd need is a fairly basic beginner scope to start with. As far as locating things and working the scope, there are hundreds of excellent online star charts you can use. Many of them even allow you to look for the sky at a certain time in a certain place. So you can know exactly where to look and what you are looking at.

new topics

join