It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Israel, a First Attempt at High School Integration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In Israel, a First Attempt at High School Integration

news.yahoo.com

The group started in 1997 and today operates four bilingual and bicultural schools and serves about 900 students. In addition to having a Jewish and an Arab coprincipal, nearly each class has a Jewish educator and an Arab one. The children are taught in both Arabic and Hebrew, learn about both cultures, and commemorate Jewish, Muslim, and Christian holidays.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think that this is a great idea. There will never be peace in this region of the world until the people learn to coexist. We can make up these imaginary lines that divide the land, but lines will always be crossed. When you divide the people, it sends the statement that it's "us vs them". Walls and guns and tanks won't solve the problem, they will only reinforce that division. In order to achieve peace, the people cannot be divided.

Hopefully this program is a start to that. If these kids in these schools can survive and thrive, they will have a broader outlook on the situation that can be passed on to their friends and eventually to their children.

I also hope that these students are safe, as I can easily see them, and the school/program, becoming targets.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by kawz1]

join