It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASTEROID IMPACT: Asteroid 2008 TC3 hit Earth this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

ASTEROID IMPACT: Asteroid 2008 TC3 hit Earth this morning

spaceweather.com

ASTEROID IMPACT: Asteroid 2008 TC3 hit Earth this morning (Oct. 7th at 0243 UT), exploding in the atmosphere over northern Sudan like a kiloton of TNT. Most of the 3-meter-wide asteroid should have been vaporized in the atmosphere with only small pieces reaching the ground as meteorites. So far, no pictures of the fireball have been submitted; the impact occured in a remote area with few (and possibly no) onlookers capable of recording the event. Nevertheless, the asteroid did strike Earth as predicted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.israelnationalnews.com
www.oculture.com

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
October 7, 2008

With all the fuss about the new world order and Blossum Goodchild's predictions...

How come no one predicted we would be hit by an ASTEROID on the 7th of October?

Seems it was a small one that caused no damage... but one would thing an asteroid hitting Earth would be news worthy at ATS

spaceweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well Astronomers did predict it on Monday before it hit and plus its not like it was going to affect the world and cause an apocalypse so no one really gave it much attention

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually it was big news...yesterday

this thread

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well here is one that happened 2005 in Australia, astronomers says its size could of ranged from a beer can to the size of half a car, not very specific then lol.

www.liveleak.com...

This gives us some idea of what to expect i guess.

**edited to change date, as wrong one mistakenly given.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Damn I would have loved to see that, pity it couldn't have travelled a little further and entered over Sydney

I never get to see the good stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I cant shake the feeling that it could have been some space debris traveling in front of a larger piece of space junk that can potentially cause major damage.

With all the hunkering down and preparing the Gov is doing, I just wonder if they know of something headed our way? Their main concern is for continuity of Gov. and not to save lives but that is no surprise.

I am surprised however at the lack of photo evidence in this thread, when I saw who the Op was I couldnt open quick enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This topic is currently being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue this conversation on that thread.

This thread is now closed.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Please direct your replies to this thread on the same subject already in progress.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your posts. Closed.

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Badge01]

top topics

join