It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's America that's bankrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's America that's bankrupt

onlinejournal.com

The toxic mortgage-debt paper is only a cover. The real story under the covers of the history book written since the Great Depression is about the investment bankers and their allies who have returned with a vengeance to totally bankrupt America and its financial system with their greed, which created the present subprime debt and recently raised the national debt ceiling to $11 trillion and change.

The fact as David Sirota noted in Saying ‘No Deal’ To this New Deal is “We now face market forces uninhibited by democratic governance -- Chinese dictators and Saudi princes [who] can move trillions of dollars without so much as a press release. This bailout, marketed as a speed enhancer, is an aggressive attempt to discard democracy’s checks and balances and pantomime that kind of autocracy.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This bailout, marketed as a speed enhancer, is an aggressive attempt to discard democracy’s checks and balances and pantomime that kind of autocracy.”

i am wondering that whether the bailout was deliberate to bring in fascism in USA ....
USA has been debt ridden since many years and it is becoming evident now

onlinejournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that this bailout bill was sitting in a desk just collecting dust, waiting for the right moment to shove it down our throats. The whole things reminds me of the Patriot Act.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by b4christ15]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
*Sigh...*

I have been advocating for a long time that, from my view, the US have been taken over by evil doers;
I have also said that the people in the US have "lost the wheel" to govern the country.

For how long are you guys and girls going to take this?
How much freedom must you lose before you take action?

Listen, the times for metal chains and iron balls are over. Nonetheless, there are other means and I think 99,99% of you americans know what I'm talking about.

For how long?

Honestly, my brothers and sisters... Most of US history is FILLED with brave actions and people who fought for what they thought was right. Where's this concept nowadays?

Now, I am not going to pretend that I have all the answers and say "do this and all will be fine", because for one, I am not an American. Adding to that, I do not want to sound like a crazy guerrilla warrior or anything like that, BUT it's almost past time to fight for something worth saving.

The other day I saw a thread named something like "violent protest is not the answer".... but honestly, how are you going to change this empire of exploitation (US Gov) by politely asking them to ? This is a fantasy bigger then the Federation of Light, if you ask me.

Sorry for the rant, people, but as much as I read into all that's happening up north I think: "Damn, if even half of this sh!t was happening in my country, I'd have a pretty good excuse to practice my shooting on "live targets".

Peace (for those who deserve it).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The real culprit is big government.

Bush and Congress have borrowed and spent us into oblivion. Bush and the Congress paid for nothing and they spent your money and your childrens money like there was no tomorrow.

We have a debt over 10 trillion dollars. Bush didn't try to control spending. He gave out 12 Vetos vs Reagan with 78 and Clinton with 37.

Bush borrowed more money from foreign government than 42 Presidents before him combined.

Bush and the Congress need to explain why they borrowed and spent so much money and they didn't pay for anything.

It's like if you buy up Best Buy with your credit card and then spend through your savings, you will eventually go bankrupt.

The government borrowed us into oblivion.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by b4christ15
The whole things reminds me of the Patriot Act.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by b4christ15]

I share that view with you. There's another thing that's been eating at my since that damn thing got through. How the hell do you get from 3 pages to 451 pages in under three days? Sounds much more like the first attempt was never meant to pass, than what you do is take those three pages and dilude them in some 448 pages of other legislation and threaten that one to pass.

Kind of makes me wonder what's in those other 450 pages. Exactly. And how come everyone managed to read all those pages that fast?

edit: I cant speeel.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Manawydan]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I, and many other Americans, agree with you. Unfortunately, it would be mass suicide. MSM would label it us "terrorists" and would convince the fat, lazy, Oprah watching soccer moms that we were the enemy. We are out gunned and out numbered. I hear people saying that the US military would never fire on US citizens but once we are labeled as terrorists, I believe all bets are off. FEMA camps would be filled followed by FEMA coffins. And history would only remember how valiantly our government fought off the "terrorist coup."

I believe our only chance would be with military help from other nations. And that just isn't going to happen when US nukes are aimed at their countries and a madman with his finger on the button.

Maybe we need to resurrect Che Guevara?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The whole dang planet is going bankrupt.

This bail out was sickening. It didn't help anyone excpet Paulson (who I don't trust because he's very smirky) and ACORN - that corrupt affirmative-action style housing bunch who dabble in voter fraud and that Obama was a lawyer for.

The whole planet is bankrupt.

It will be in shambles soon.

Then the anti-christ will arise out of nowhere (Chicago?) and appear to be the savior of the world.

This is all a set up for him.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Unfortunately Janon, I fear you're exactly right. I've recently read that both Napoleon and Stalin sponsored research into how many people it takes to start a successful revolution. Both got pretty much the same number. Approximately 6% of population has to be beyond desperate, ready to give their life for only a chance of a better tomorrow. I don't see the people taking back their country as long as they have "pancake making cell-phones".

The scary thing is, the other team knows this too.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

Sounds much more like the first attempt was never meant to pass, ...

That's pretty much what Ron Paul said in one of the videos that was posted on this site a few days ago. That it, the bailout, went according to their plan. Vote it down, add a bunch of other stuff to it, and then pass it.

I believe Ron Paul over any other politician out there.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thank you Janon, for the time reading my rant.

Two points I'd like to talk about:

1-) MSM

If MSM is the problem, let's go after them first, shall we?

2-) Che Guevara comments:

I know a lot about this guy. I have studied very hard about Cuban Revolution and actually talked to people who actually KNEW Guevara.
I can tell you this about Che Guevara: he was just a man, and Argentinian man who fought for what he believed was right. And them he was K.I.A. in Colombia - supposedly by the CIA.

I know you talked about him in the sense that "we need someone like him". I get it... mark my words: you HAVE these kind of people in US already.

Times are different, so the revolution must also be different but some things don't change: people WILL die, people WILL suffer, and people WILL be set free in the end.

You know... 2000+ people died on 9/11... only god knows how many died in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and all... people ARE ALREADY DIEING revolution or no-revolution.
Just because it's not Americans yet, doesn't make it right to wait for it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh, and something that I forgot to mention in the above post:

Did you know that the Cuban Revolution started with only 50 men in April 29th, 1956?

They took over a place called “Domingo Goicuría Headquarter" without a single bullet shot!!

They "gathered" men-power/fighters along their the way to Havana.

Peace

EDIT: too many spelling mistakes.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Sator]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

No Sir, I did not know that. So thank you for that information.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I hear people saying that the US military would never fire on US citizens...

I hear this all the time also, seems that people have very short memories...

On Sunday, May 4, 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on antiwar protesters at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.

www.findingdulcinea.com...

What makes people believe they wouldn't do it again? Those students were not labeled as terrorists, and they weren't under martial law.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If you think the events at Kent State were bad, do a web search for Bonus army. It is a sickening picture of what any young army officer will do to further his career, just look at what it did for that young Coronel!
I used to think like Sator, but now I look around and I think why would I lay my life down for the typical slob American? We are getting just what we deserve(collectively) my countrymen no doubt about it!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by racegunz

Yeah mate I know there's lot of other examples. I just thought that was a well known one that all would understand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by b4christ15
I'm pretty sure that this bailout bill was sitting in a desk just collecting dust, waiting for the right moment to shove it down our throats.

I thought everybody had heard that the Bush administration had been planning this for months!

White House Dispatches Team to Push Economic Bill

Asked during a telephone briefing for reporters today whether Bush was speaking with lawmakers, White House Deputy Press Secretary Tony Fratto said the president is aware of their concerns but that Paulson is the salesman.
******SKIP******
Fratto insisted that the plan was not slapped together and had been drawn up as a contingency over previous months and weeks by administration officials. He acknowledged lawmakers were getting only days to peruse it, but he said this should be enough.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Not to mention the rise of mercenary groups such as Blackwater, who are NOT US military (frequently former military, to be sure), and who owe allegiance to nobody other than who pays their bills.

I have no doubt that these groups will be used liberally if deemed necessary by the PTB.

top topics

join