It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Gate Found In Antarctica

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Despite that Einstein had pretty much figured out the nature of Time and the theories revolving around this have been seemingly proven and confirmed over and over.....Pravada (yeah, I know---gimmie a break) has come out with this article indicating that:

Eight years ago, American and British scientists who conducted investigations in Antarctica made a sensational discovery. US physicist Mariann McLein told the researchers noticed some spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole on January 27 which they believed to be just ordinary sandstorm. However, the gray fog did not change the form and did not move in the course of time. The researchers decided to investigate the phenomenon and launched a weather balloon with equipment capable to register the wind speed, the temperature and the air moisture. But the weather balloon soared upwards and immediately disappeared.

In a little while, the researchers brought the weather balloon back to the ground with the help of a rope attached to it before. They were extremely surprised to see that a chronometer set in the weather balloon displayed the date of January 27, 1965, the same day 30 years ago. The experiment was repeated several times after the researchers found out the equipment was in good repair. But each time the watch was back it displayed the past time. The phenomenon was called "the time gate" and was reported to the White House.

Time has been one of the most complicated and less studied scientific issues since ancient times

And it seems that Farshores is carrying this also:
A TIME GATE IN ANTARCTICA

Personally, I am not buying into the story. To travel, in time, into the past is virtually impossible, but that if one could, the amount of energy required to do so would be so stupendous, that such a device for allwoing time travel back into the past would be very difficult to hide, based on the incrediable amount of gravitational side effects such a machine or device would produce.

Any measure of merit to this story? Any contradictory theories to show otherwise? Thoughts?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The thing that kills this story for me is the clock changing. Clocks aren't affected by time, they just function with or without time...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Looks cool. Lets go to Anarctica and you can tie me to a rope and i'll tell you what I see...if i make it back. Nice picture btw

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I read a similar story some time ago, can't remember where! But it also described a vortex of grey swirling upwards and items disappearing into it.
I don't know what to think now upon second confirmation.

TUT

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
Looks cool. Lets go to Anarctica and you can tie me to a rope and i'll tell you what I see...if i make it back. Nice picture btw

or we could just let u go without the rope and u could meet us 30 yrs in the future as an old, decrepite man. whoa wait a second.....imagine all the money u could make by introducing our technology to the ppl in the 1960's. On second thought, better let me go.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The rope might disappear and you'd be lost forever, because where you are the rope might not have existed yet so would it disappear? or does it remain unaffected?

I personal believe this article is bunk and is something I'd like to read on the can kinda like weekly world news.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not sure about this but i read somewhere that you would need tremendous power not found on earth, they were talking about swartzchild (sp?) black holes to power these machines in theory.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Actually, wait. After reading, "Universe in a Nutshell," there was a little tid-bit about two planes, with clocks set to identical times, being flown in opposite directions around the world, and one clock coming up just behind the other. So, I really don't know if time travel would affect a clock. Now it's confusing...

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
wonders if the time gate went back 30 years on every experiment?

so how you do test a time gate for accuracy without sending a human?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
The thing that kills this story for me is the clock changing. Clocks aren't affected by time, they just function with or without time...

Seriously strong point - if I walked into it and came back 60 seconds later, I would still feel the minute. This is saying I would be a baby when I came back.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
*laughing*

Why is this thread getting more responses than the other Pravada/Time Gate thread from a week or so ago?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The only thing that even resembles anything I've heard or read before regarding time travel, as far as that article goes, is the year the weather balloon supposedly traveled back to. 1965...
I distinctly remember reading some account of an ex military scientist who was writing about Project Phoenix, which evolved into Phoenix 2 and 3. Phoenix 3 supposedly became a time-travel experiment, born from the aftermath of The Philadelphia Experiment and the Montauk Project.
I mean, the contents of the article seemed completely outrageous-- but the truth IS stranger than fiction, so who am I to really say?
In short, the article said that one of the pieces of alien technology our government recieved was an apparatus that was built like a chair, which, when someone sat in it and was hooked up to the gizmos, they could not only create a portal through time, but could create such things as creatures and physical items as long as the gizmo's were powered and the creator was hooked up to them.
...Getting back to the relevence...
It was said in the article that this was done in 1965, and that there was a portal created by the Montauk Project then which created a temporary loop in time from 1965 to the first place that they attempted, which was 1985.

Who knows? Sounded like madness, a wonderful work of fiction.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah... And EVEN IF the clock changed, that would also constitute the effect of time on the balloon itself-- which would force the helium (or hot air) escaping the balloon, not to mention the effect of cold on the balloon. Both of which would have been affected by 35 years worth of deterioration, am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok first of all the earths **poles** pumps out thousands of tons of energy each day. But the clock if gone through would travel backwards in timemaking the clocks time go backwards, but the only thing is that when u pull it back it should travel forwards in time making the clock read the same as when it went in

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Two clocks set at the same time and then seperated, one in space the other on earth, will show different times when checked at a later date.
Gravity affects time. The clock in space has less drag ,it will run more freely.
The only thing i can think of right now about the pole thing is there must be a lot of force or gravity or? changing the clock. You can't really change time,especially by changing a clock.
Oh yeah,regarding the 'universe in a nutshell' time change. That is because as a plane flys with the earth there is less drag than if it was flying against the earths rotation,therefore resulting in a change in the times.
The 35 year difference is interesting though,like world watcher i would like to know if the time change was consistent.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Covered here 3 weeks ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and its junkjunkjunkjunkjunk.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

good point.

Originally posted by Seekerof

Personally, I am not buying into the story. To travel, in time, into the past is virtually impossible, but that if one could, the amount of energy required to do so would be so stupendous, that such a device for allwoing time travel back into the past would be very difficult to hide, based on the incrediable amount of gravitational side effects such a machine or device would produce.

Seekerof....what the hell sorta medication are you on?

How do you know there willbe gravitational effects with time travel? Just because gravity does slow down time...Doesn't meant hat time travel isn't possible without the use of gravity. Now tell me how gravity is able to make time go backwards, no matter how much gravity you apply?

How do you know how much energy would be used for time travel? Why cant it be a small amount of energy running through some device to create a portal of some kind by using science that doesn't require alot of energy? Think about the old computers that were built. Like the firt computer ever made. It's energy consumption would have been gigantic compared to what computers run on now days, and especially what computers will be brought out in the future...

Fact is. Deny ignorance.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is obvious that it is fake. I just laughed when I read the part about the cloud looking time portal

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I posted this a few weeks back and everybody poo pooed it because it was from Pravda. It would be nice to see it investigated seriously though.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
A vortex, a "gate", found under the ice of Antarctica? Sounds like someone at Pravda's been watching Stargate SG-1. Any SG-1 fans out there know what I'm talking about....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join