It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunters, monster quest, discovery channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Not yet I had to deal a with a contract meltdown problem at work that spilled over to today. All solved now.

I'm astonished at the age of your apartment! Oh I forgot to tell you my family is originally from SD! Gettysburg! where the Battle wasn't.

That's some thing else about your visitors,very cool
I'm not sure if the one we had was ever a person we used to try to figure that out,our building is from the 30s so nothing I would think in our commercial building that would attract spooks

I do live in a super haunted city and know some local ghost hunters that say one of our theaters is haunted by lots and lots of ghosts

Oddly we have some incidents here at our house which isn't a scary building at all but it is 90 years old,none has died here that I know of ,I was able to trace it back about 60 years

I think our visits which don't happen all the time are caused by things ? that are attracted to me,I have a long history of contact with beings that I know are not spirits of the dead

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Taps is my favorite of the shows but, Adventures are catching up. THere is no doubt that the shows are for entertainment, but sometimes they get lucky and catch things. I think it's great because they are almost bringing it to the main stream. I live about thirty minutes from Sloss Furnace and it definately has a weird vibe to it. It's also cool because they have a haunted house in it for halloween. Real ghost fake ghost pritty scarry

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Allred I tried to find a way to watch the Sloss episode on line but didn't find anything but I did run into a synopsis of the episode

there was Ghost Hunters Abroad episode that was in a a spooky monastery I missed the first part ,I think in Spain ,that was positively spine chilling

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

I'm astonished at the age of your apartment! Oh I forgot to tell you my family is originally from SD! Gettysburg! where the Battle wasn't.

I usually don't disclose where I am from by pic's and history, but I will for you invisible.

Here is a pic of the "Falls Park" it is approx. 4 1/2 blocks away from my home.

This is the same place back in the early 1900's and late 1800's:

Here's the page to access all the accomodations that SF SD has to offer, it also is on the left of the page.

www.epodunk.com...

Have you ever heard of "Jesse James"? Well, here is the gulch he had jumped, it lays just NE of where I live, it is called the "Palisades State Park"

This pic is an older version of the city, but if you look to the left of the rendition, you will see a "Clock Tower" and if you draw a straight line from the clock at approx. 2 O'clock with your finger, or your eye, you will be right above my house.

a lot of good times there, "if you know what I mean?"

There is abundant information of my place of living, as of right now. I want you to understand that it has been around as long as I said it has, so , if you "Click" on the left of the menu of the page I have posted below, you can find the true age of my current city of living.

A Visual Trip Through Life in Early Sioux Falls.

eric.ed.gov... pe_0=no&accno=ED407339

I am looking for the original pictures of where I now live and the most recent as well, I have not been able to locate them again, it has been a while since I have done this research on my place of living, but when I show you the transformations, you will understand how much past lays under our own feet at home sometimes.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow ,That's what I love about SD everything is from another era . I went to a family reunion there about seven years ago. M e and my Dad went on a tour of Gettysburg and I just loved how small town Americana it is ,it was almost like going back in time.

You know what I didn't love ? The wind ! OH MY GOD!

Also I stay in this weird little strip motel thing from the 50's in Gettysburg ,wow it was terrible the TV didn't work (it was an antique of course) the electrical outlet caught fire just as I was leaving

I stayed on night in The Kings hotel in Pierre,and had to change rooms because bugs attacked me

We did visit Sitting Bull and Sacajawea's monument that was nice

You town is beautiful those waterfalls are gorgeous and I know just what kind of apartment that is

I live in Seattle and we have tons of old old buildings like that ,I just love them,we have a district called Pioneer Square ,it 's the original town center and everyone who works or owns a business there has haunting stories. That's the other thing I like about here, no one bats an eyelash when you tell them about your latest ghost visit!

What we do have I 've got to take a picture of it and send to you is the scariest looking Hospital on a hill you've ever seen ,this thing is every nightmare building from a horror movie it's a classic,You can see it for miles in any direction ,I won't have time to do that before the first of the year because I'll be away until then ,but you have to see this thing .

if it isn't haunted then nothing is

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yeh, SD is a very hisrorically oriented state.
There are a few haunted areas throughout the state, and there is always someone with a good ghost story as well.

Heres another, better, pic of the Falls Park from the watch tower on the sight of the falls.

I don't get to travel too muchor too far away from here, but I have had a chance to visisit the Badlands. Very mysterious and beautiful placce as well. Ever been there, a lot of Native American legends and stories come from that region.

Heres a good picture of a very prehistoric looking area of the Badlands:
i74.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That pic of the badlands is amazing ,I think I ve been there!

Have you been to Gettysburg? it's adorable I'm not kidding it's like the 30's permanently,but so is Pierre

when I get back to Seattle I'll photo that scary hospital you'll love it

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm a die-hard fan of GH, GHI and Dest. Truth. They're all good, primarily because they're all great investigators and scientists, but also because the format of the shows isn't based around making you jump or manipulating the scenario in a scary, horror-movie way. Also, there's no reality-TV-intercrew-high-school-drama crap going on. A Haunting, however, just makes it out be be the next Amityville Horror. It's awful - 0 science data, just awful "reenactment" crap with bad actors and the cheesiest, most overdone special effects imaginable. It's all about the shock factor, which I don't like.
But Jason and Grant from GH are total badasses.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I would be very interested in seeing a pic of your "Scary Hospital" always willing to dream about going to these particular places, but with the financial situation, those dreams and wants have to wait.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenRobot
TAPS or Ghost Hunters I feel is on the level. I've watched many shows and they go to a lot of trouble to debunk evidence. Many of their shows end up with nothing that is of interest and this goes to them not creating something every show. The evidence they do get, black forms moving, objects moving, EVPs, all seem above board and trustworthy. Definitely some of the best evidence I've ever seen comes from this show. THe Florida lighthouse show with the black mass moving up the stairways and peering over was great evidence. Their infrared camera work is also compelling.

The Monster Quest shows seem contrived in comparison.

I agree for the most part. Destination Truth (imo) was a waste of time to watch.
I wonder how much money these guy's make? All that gas and equip. had to cost a bundle and still have time to be plumbers...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
oh I almost forgot in the vain of sharing my home environment!

here ya go ALLRED this is me,in my natural habitat!

invisibles house

no matter how I try I can't get a video to embed! drat!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Very nice slide show invisible!!

Kind of reminds me of my living style, minus all the varmints and tattoo parlor!! LOL...

I love animals as my whole family does, and it seems if your roots are where they need to be, which is very cool!!

I don't have a slide show or anything, but I will create one for you to share my family and friends with you as well!!

Thanks for sharing.

By the way did you see the ghost adventures "Sloss" series yet?
They had another good one at a NJ Sanitarium that was very good as well, check it out.
You will have to page down about 2/3 of the way down the page, but you will find the show to be able to view in 4 or 5 sections, very interesting EVP's and some rather "Other Worldly" activities with evidence to prove them happening.

alienufoparanormalcasebook.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join