It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has creationism done for humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

No, creationism/ID is a hypothesis. Evolution is a theory. In scientific terms, one is a guess (hypothesis) and one is real (theory).

Just because you don't understand the terms being used doesn't disprove anything, only the depths of your vocabulary.

Clearly you don't even know what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
This OP is not bright enough for this site, we try to DENY IGNORANCE not perpetrate it and spread it. The OP's statement that evolution has never killed anyone has got to be the single most dumbest thing I have ever seen on ATS and I LMAO at the UFO listings. Read a book, buy a clue, I don;t know what to say to someone that spouts such uninformed dribble.

What's that Mr. Pot? You think the kettle is black?

Hitler made a list of those to be terminated and why the list is published and also held in a northeastern colleges library, which maintains one o the worlds largest library's on Hitler. And that is just one example of one man, read Hitlers forward in his books and see that he thanks Darwin in them.

Made up points can sound convincing, so I don't completely blame you for using one. But;
skepticwiki.org...

Darwin said in his own book that his theory was crap and the eye alone refuted it. There is NO molecular Biologist nor any scientist in the world with evidence of Evolution. There is none, notta, zip that is why it is still the Theory of Evolution and not the Law of, like the first and second Laws of Thermodynamics, which also by the way disprove evolution in themselves. There is over 100 million dollars available for the first scientist that can prove scientifically evolution, it has NOT been collected ever by any source.

A theory does not "grow up" to be a law. The two are parallel. A theory explains "why" and a law explains "how".

Also, where might that $100 million be coming from?

Furthermore
www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

Now what has creationism done for humanity, that one is easy....

EVERYTHING YOU SEE!

Actually, no. The computer in front of me, the walls around me, everything I am seeing right now was made by man and science.

Creationism did nothing.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ummm how has evolutionism provided all that?

as far as i was aware evolution was still as much a "Theory" as intelligent design and creationism.

untill such time as scientists can produce "Life" using nothing but amino acids evolution will continue to be nothing more than a "Theory"

Intelligent Design and Evolution are not in the same boat, not in the slightest. Evolution actually has a little something we like to call evidence. Intelligent Design is merely people saying "well, this is just too complicated therefore it must have been created" That's all Intelligent Design is, it is not even a theory.

And while i hate to kick the legs out from under a creationist, have any of you managed to create a universe of infinite wonder and beauty and diversity in a week?

how ever evolution cant answer the 1 big question how did life start and thats the question all evolutionists evade like the plague, because its something their theory cant explain. which is why it always comes back to beinging a theory.

How many times must it be explained to you??? It is not evolution's job to explain how life began.

Why can't we have both? 'Someone' created the Universe but then let it go and evolve into what it will..

Evolution and creationism do not go hand in hand. I am not against the claim that a Godlike being created the universe, and then let it go as it will. I am however, totally against creation as it is described in any "holy book".

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What if evolution did end up explaining, with no doubt whatsoever, how life began?

Something tells me that creationists would just worship the next gap down the line. Creationism's "service" in "explanation" would be further reduced, just as it has been ever since science began.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyCM

That would be the theory of abiogenesis, not evolution. Evolution describes the changing of existing life into new species.

But yes, as soon as abiogenesis is fully understood (there have been some discoveries released recently that describe some new findings), anyone who thinks God is more than a story in a bronze-age farmer's manual will have to re-define exactly where he fits in to the universe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join