It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Science Lab In Doubt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mars Science Lab in Doubt

On Friday a decision will be made about the future of Mars exploration. The MSL project is way over budget (surprise, surprise) so NASA will have to ask Congress for more money. With the current state of financial affairs, my guess is that it's not likely to happen.

What a drag.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh, I think I called that one back when everybody was getting all excited about it. Unless the Chinese get extremely ambitious fast, there's no way I'm going to see human beings on Mars in my lifetime.

I have my doubts as to whether people would be able to survive the trip there and back, anyway. We've never even had human beings fly out past the orbit of the Moon, to see if it could be done. No trips to LaGrange points, or anything. Space is incredibly harsh, and we're really just not built for it. And if somebody managed survive a one-way trip, after getting pounded by radiation and all kinds of other unknown stuff out there, they probably ain't coming back.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

It's an unmanned mission.
Two line post.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

im still short of few postings (minimum of 20) to jumpstart a new thread so i decided to dig on to your old threads bout mars.
i have some images taken from google mars and i think they are intriguing and relevant to all the hoopla regarding mars explorations...
pixalations maybe, but i do believe you got with you sophisticated gadgets to get these images verified...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=129981

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Space exploration is humanities future if there is going to be a future. It is a shame we are letting it all fade and die. With one years Defense budget we could put a small colony on nearly every rock in the solar system and build several Ships capable of travailing the Solar System if we wanted to go for it. I guess we will just continue to kill instead.

top topics

join