It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Spirit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have been reading a good deal on this magnificant aircraft, I understand a good bit about it. The only thing that I can't seem to find (basically) is that of it's method of propulsion. Does anyone have any infomration on it's engines and stuff?

Thank you,
Jim

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The B-2 has 4 General Electric F-118-GE-100 engines (17,300 lb each)

Also check out this link for alternative thoughts on the B-2's propulsion method...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here is a couple links about the superheavy element Russian was talking about in that thread intelgurl posted:

www.beyondweird.com...

education.jlab.org...

Hope this helps some.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We know that the B-2 uses GE F-118 engines. Now there is the antigravity theory. A few mounths back a team of ATS scholars (including myself) researched this very topic in a research fourm. We fond a lot of circumstantial but nothing solid enought to prove the theory difinitivly. To see our work search for the B-2 antigravity project in the research fourm.

Tim

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that it's kind of coincidental that the Air Force chose to re-activate the 509th Bomb Wing when fielding the B-2 at Whiteman? The same unit that owned the Enola Gay? The same unit that was stationed at Roswell in the late 40's and early 50's.

I've never known any of the senior staff to have that much of a sense of humor! Well, not since Cap Weinberger anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just read the research post on B-2 propulsion. I'd like to offer one more theory..

Is it possible that the whole electrostatic/electroaerodynamic system is totally invisable to the flight and ground crew because it itself is totally passive?

Anyone who has ever worked the flightline knows that the first thing you want to do when you park an aircraft is ground it. If you've ever gotten a static charge when you stepped out of you car then you've got the idea.

What if the aircraft were built to maximize that charge as it moved through the air and then store that charge in flight? It would be pretty simple to use the whole aircraft skin as a capacitor if you simply seperated two di-electric materials by an insulator! That way you could hide the whole thing right in plain sight under the guise of being part of the "stealth" technology! Discharge could be accomplished by connecting each side of the capacitor to the squat switches so the system would be off while on the ground-and again hiding the system right there in plain sight as a perfetly normal item everyone would expect to see and maintain.

I really hope that whoever just rang my doorbell isn't the NSA!

[Edited on 083131p://444 by Sargon of Agade]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The bomber also sprays an acid into its exaust so no contrail is given off.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't like B-2: it is very unsexy and unmajestic;
I wouldn't impress anyone with it
Even the old F-14 is a lot more sexy

top topics

join