It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 500 members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO or anyone else, what is a QuantCast number?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Scroll down this page almost to the bottom its a white icon just above the above network icon...center of page

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

2,488 ok, is that good?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Could this be what the 7th is really all about? The web bot predection is really ATS going threw the roof lol

I am not sure if you're joking or not (probably not), but I absolutely think so.
Not about ATS only, of course, although it probably contributes a lot.

If I understand this Web Bot thingy correctly, then it extrapolates (or something) based on the language used over the WWW (frequency of words etc.).

No wonder, then.
Along with talk about economy troubles (which aren't exactly a surprise), this and other websites were full of "prophecy" talk, listing all kinds of more or less disastrous events supposedly forthcoming in October.

I just hope nobody blames a poor dumb robo-spider for being a stranger to the intricacies of the human psyche...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxmarsHooray! Just goes to show you how many people are 'in the know'.

I'm not sure being a registered member on this site automatically means one is "in the know."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
yes 2,488 is good there are millions of sites.

And yes i was jokeing didnt you see the lol

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yes but your not in the know not's are you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Apparently not considering that I am not sure if your strange wording is merely a typo or a secret code

Wouldn't even try to claim that I am

edited to add: Okay, gotcha!! If you would have used quotations, it would have been more clear to me that "know not's" was a label and not just a bad use of grammar.

edited to add a 2nd time: Apparently I am not in *your* group of "know not's" since that is the first time I have ever heard that term

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
yes 2,488 is good there are millions of sites.

And yes i was jokeing didnt you see the lol

I did see it - that's why I added the question about joking in the first place. ;-)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
WOW

Most total registered members online all at once: 636 on Oct 14 2008 @ 17:50 GMT

Over 600 members!

At least blossom is good for something.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"There are 661 registered members browsing AboveTopSecret.com domains."

Over 650 is incredible, it wasn't so long ago we couldn't break 500.
Outstanding.

(I'm gonna stop doing this now)

Point is we're growing by the minute.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
"There are 652 registered members browsing AboveTopSecret.com domains."

Over 650 is incredible, it wasn't so long ago we couldn't break 500.
Outstanding.

(I'm gonna stop doing this now)

Point is we're growing by the minute.

Yeah, its those damn 14/10 threads

By the way, when is mine going to be free to post on....its supposedly under staff review but I havent heard anything more

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Actually I spoke to the staff and the 14/10 threads apparently account for only a tiny amount of the traffic.
Whatever the reason, we're all better for it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Thats interesting

Judging by what Ive seen over the last few hours I would have assumed it was because of those threads, especially after someone claiming to actually be on the ship and someone claiming to be blossom goodchild herself appeared here

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Robbie Williams has probably boosted these numbers somewhat. Newspapers and not-so-newspapers here in the UK follow ATS solely because Robbie mentioned it. They may follow it for different reasons now, but if it wasn't for RW they wouldn't even know it existed and neither would the public.

The GFL threads have definitely contributed. I was made up when I read the U2U forbidding the creation of new threads on the matter.

I wanted to ask you, do you think an increase in membership is a good thing?

[edit on 14/10/2008 by Sendran]

[edit on 14/10/2008 by Sendran]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran

Do you think an increase in membership is a good thing?

Well I am not sure that the spike in members logging in is directly proportional to a rise in new memberships, I haven't analyzed the stats that closely.
But if it is because of new memberships then of course I believe it's a good thing. And I'm glad that those before me also felt that way and welcomed me when I first joined.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Well I am not sure that the spike in members logging in is directly proportional to a rise in new memberships

Good point, I hadn't looked at like that, I was talking of new memberships only. The media coverage of ATS through RW and more recently the GFL could rekindle old members interest.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I remember the MOD's sending out a notice about a lot of political trolling going on. Could be an increase in traffic as the election gets near.

But hopefully it's just a bunch of people like me having a good time reading some crazy posts and shaking our collective heads at the absurdity of it all.

Go Blossom and good luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join