It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deceased visiting in dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know, it's been a really long time since I've replied to this thread. Sadly, my mother passed away the day before the last post here, and I just haven't had the strength to reply to anyone. I apologize.
Within the first week of my mother's passing, she too came to me in my dreams. After my experiences with the other 2 dreams, I decided not to "inform" my mom that she had passed. Now, 5 months later, I still can't shake the feeling that I was supposed to tell her. Have any of you dealt with such a feeling?
I can't remember any of the dream now, just that I wouldn't talk to my mom, because I was too upset, and it felt more like a nightmare to me. I was aware I was dreaming, and that she had passed, and I just wanted to quit thinking about her and rest. Horrible, I know, but it's the only way I could cope with it.
The only other odd thing I can point out is as I was laying there, I started to wake up. As my eyes cracked open, I could see what I can only describe as a holographic projection standing across the room of what appeared to be a baseball player. I don't understand that, as NO ONE in my family cares about sports, including me.
So, I ask those of you who are more familar with this stuff:
1) Did I screw up by not letting my mom know she had passed?
2) What in the world could the "baseball player" possibly be interpreted as???

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and please do not feel you are supposed to tell your mum she passed,she will understand your feelings and would never hold this against you...
I have no idea as regards the baseball player,but our dreams can be very strange sometimes (well mine are always) so it may not be related to anything to do with your mum...someone with more knowledge here maybe able to answer that for you hopefully...Hugs to you and your family at this sad time.....

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi! After reading this thread, I felt compelled to share my stories of the deceased visiting me in dreams after their deaths. My first experience with this was in 1993, about 10 years after my maternal grandmother passed away. I don't remember a lot of details from the dream, but I do remember her telling me there would be a death in the family in the next year, and that I was going to break my ankle. Sure enough, my aunt, who had been struggling with liver failure, passed that very year. However, I did not wind up breaking my ankle.
My second experience was shortly after my mother died 6 years ago. She was in a hospital room, and the whole family was gathered around her bed. She looked much better than she had in the final years of her life, and she was assuring us that she was ok. I felt much better about her passing after this dream. It is my belief that sometimes the dead do come back, if only in our dreams, to reassure us, guide us, and warn us. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My 21 month old son passed away 2 months ago today. During his short life, I had never had a dream about him. 2 nights ago, he did visit me.

I was in this non-descript room and all of a sudden my Mom walked in carrying my son in her arms. I remember feeling the shock and disbelief that he was in my presence. I was thinking "Oh my God he never really died, they were lying to me!" even though I held him in the coroners room after he passed physically. My Mom walked over to me and I took my son in my arms. I either thought, or said outloud that God really does work miracles cause here you are with me alive and well! And my son looked up at me and said "It's Jesus", in the happiest voice I have ever heard. Then he put his head on my shoulder as I was holding him (which was our "thing" we always did together) and I squeezed him and said to my Mom, " Oh God this feels so good, I have missed this more than anything in my life!.
Then I was instantly out in the middle of a field surrounded by lines of forests miles off in the distance. Storms were rolling in and I was walking along with my son who had passed and 4 year old son who is still living. There were about a dozen or so tornadoes touching down all around us. I remember feeling very frightened as one of them started coming very close, but what I saw was more of a clear digitized vortex. For some reason I layed down on the ground and layed my sons down and put one hand on each of them and held so tightly it actually hurt - I was thinking to myself I am NOT going to let go no matter what happens. Then I woke up.

The circumstance surrounding my sons death are under investigation and my life is most definitely in turmoil right now.
The visit he paid me in my dream was just as real as I am sitting here right now writing this. I was at my lowest point during that day before I had this dream. I think he was letting me know that he really is ok and he really didn't "die". I definitely feel a peace in my heart that I haven't felt since he passed. That was a true blessing and something I will never forget.
Thanks for allowing me to share.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join