It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Toronto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have added links to the story and photo but it looks to good to be true.

Can the photographic experts on ATS please investigate this as it looks like a hoax to me , but I could be wrong

Story and pic.

www.theufochronicles.com...

Photo.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i don't think that's the real pic its just an illustration of what he saw. its clearly photo shopped the same plane is in it twice

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i'm a little confused on this.

the quote from the above link

About 15 years ago 4 of us were driving into Toronto at about 7:00 pm in the middle of summer, sun still shining brightly. We were looking up in the sky to the big jets approaching the Toronto Airport. Two of us - at the exact same time - said "look at that!!!" Basically we saw a flying cigar - silver gray metallic looking - no wings - windows - markings. It bounced around - up and down so fast, that if I had filmed it, you'd call it it a fake.It even looked fake to me - with my own eyes! Very fast motion - it shot left about a half a mile, then back to the same spot in a second or two, then shot down along the 401 heading west - out of site with in - 4 seconds - gone. The whole sighting lasted about 10 seconds. We were passing the airport on the highway at the time - we checked the news and radio - but never heard anything about.

None of us ever forgot what we saw - once you see one - you believe!

so from the sounds of it he didn't film it so this cannot be the picture.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by seeker11]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sorry but that is a really bad picture...

and the associated story is easy to make up, .. I believe there are craft out there we don't have the privilege of seeing up close, in pictures or on television other than CGI, but I don't think this is a very good picture.. but .. after all if I were making specialized craft that no one is supposed to know about, I'd do something ahead of time, to make photos that might be taken look unreliable.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
i'm a little confused on this.

the quote from the above link

About 15 years ago 4 of us were driving into Toronto at about 7:00 pm in the middle of summer, sun still shining brightly. We were looking up in the sky to the big jets approaching the Toronto Airport. Two of us - at the exact same time - said "look at that!!!" Basically we saw a flying cigar - silver gray metallic looking - no wings - windows - markings. It bounced around - up and down so fast, that if I had filmed it, you'd call it it a fake.It even looked fake to me - with my own eyes! Very fast motion - it shot left about a half a mile, then back to the same spot in a second or two, then shot down along the 401 heading west - out of site with in - 4 seconds - gone. The whole sighting lasted about 10 seconds. We were passing the airport on the highway at the time - we checked the news and radio - but never heard anything about.

None of us ever forgot what we saw - once you see one - you believe!

so from the sounds of it he didn't film it so this cannot be the picture.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by seeker11]

I am not sure ? thats why I posted up here

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

you're right, it doesn't make it clear. but the picture does not look real and from what i could logically conclude it was not the picture from the story.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Read the story, and the caption on the picture people before calling it a fake. It's just an illustration of what he witnessed...not an actual photo of the event.

Not to get all high and mighty, but that is a problem I see a lot here on ATS...someone posts a story with a pic, or an illustration, and many people just jump to a conclusion without even reading the entire thing.

Deny Ignorance....please?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Read the story, and the caption on the picture people before calling it a fake. It's just an illustration of what he witnessed...not an actual photo of the event.

Not to get all high and mighty, but that is a problem I see a lot here on ATS...someone posts a story with a pic, or an illustration, and many people just jump to a conclusion without even reading the entire thing.

Deny Ignorance....please?

Hi Sensfan

Your right but I was also hoping that some one else on ATS had more info on this event.

As for the photo I wasnt sure if it was an illustration it does not say its, but we can only guess.

Thats why I wanted the photo to be checked out.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes, in my opinion Sensfan is right:
the article was posted by Frank Warren, and the caption of the pic reads "Illustration by FW"-
Frank is a fellow ATS member: i'll send him an U2U and i'll ask him to take a look at this thread

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

AS mentioned to Internos in my U2U to her; the report is from one of our readers and the "artwork" or "illustration" is of my own hand--as noted on the image itself.

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

if only all our questions could be answered this easily!

it is refreshing though, and maybe a bit silly on my part, but i love when things, no matter how small, get settled.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think my biggest question is that if it happened 15 years ago, why are we just now getting the details? Or did I miss that part?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It says it's an illustration right on the photo itself at the very top right...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Evenin' SS,

Originally posted by secretstash
I think my biggest question is that if it happened 15 years ago, why are we just now getting the details? Or did I miss that part?

The reader sent in the report via our "My UFO Experience" portal at "The UFO Chronicles"; often times the cases or incidents shared are "historic in nature.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks to all for clearing this up and I appologise to everyonel for missing the caption.

A laptop has not the best screen

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
no problemo!

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Thanks to all for clearing this up and I appologise to everyonel for missing the caption.

A laptop has not the best screen

top topics

join