It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military mobilizing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was hanging out with some friends two days ago outside playing some basketball, when all of a sudden an attack helicopter of some sort with military people sitting with their legs out the side flew by. My friend said he saw one last week too.

What I thought was interesting, however, was that three more flew by over the course of half an hour.

This occured in Raleigh, NC. My friend claimed that there was a base of some sort nearby, but I have not heard of any, and I have also grown up around in this area. However, I could be wrong.

Is there something going on, or is this normal?

[edit on 5-10-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

Where do you live? Are there any bases nearby?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Raleigh NC. I am not sure if there is a base nearby, though. I can look that up, but I am unsure of where to look it up.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

You are not far from Camp Lejeune which is one of the larger Marine Corps bases in the US. So, military activity probably shouldn't be all that unusual.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thats... strange. I just heard helicopters fly overhead too, and I'm living in Philly, PA. Sounded like 3 to me flying in close proximity, but I didn't see them directly.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ok cool, thanks. It sketched me out because I was not used to seeing so many at once...

Doing a quick google maps search, apparently Camp Lejeune is 166 miles away from where we were playing ball. Is that still considered fairly close for military base activities? Sorry for asking a lot, I don't know very much about this subject.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

It's kind of like when all of a sudden when we started seeing tons of more cops since last year about this time, I would say. Before then, I would see one, or two cop cars maybe in a day. Now I would see like at least five or six. But I can never tell if there was actually a difference or that I am just paying more attention.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Fort Bragg is about an hours drive south of Raleigh. Ft Bragg is home of the 82nd airborne division, a special forces group, the special forces training center, and delta force, among other. Also blackwater is headquartered in NC. Military activity isn't all that unusual in NC.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Raleigh is close to Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejeune. I see them all the time where I live and there are no bases nearby. There are always cargo planes and helicopters coming in and out. They do alot of training here in the mountain regions also in very remote wooded areas. Also we have National Guard here and they do alot of stuff with the NG as well, which has places everywhere that aren't near actual military bases. You will sometimes notice these cargo planes and copters are coming and leaving airports...which has to do with supplying and training the NG as well. Also they move from base to base and different areas for training. Has been going on here for years. I wouldn't worry. My other half was in the army for 12 years and I asked him about this.

new topics

top topics

join