It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians join up to fight for rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Musicians join up to fight for rights

au.news.yahoo.com

More than 60 artists, including Radiohead, Robbie Williams and the Kaiser Chiefs, announced they had banded together to seek more rights over their music and break free of record labels.

The Featured Artists' Coalition (FAC) aims to "give artists the voice they need to argue for greater control over their music," amid new opportunities provided by the internet, the group said.

"It is time for artists to have a strong collective voice to stand up for their interests," said Brian Message, co-manager of Radiohead and Kate Nash.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It is fighting for changes to laws that govern business in the music industry so that artists always ultimately own the rights to their music, rather than record labels.

The FAC is also calling for, among other things, artists to receive "fair compensation whenever their business partners receive an economic return from the exploitation of the artists' work".

I think this is the best thing to happen to the music industry since sliced bread!! The record companies have had a stranglehold on the music industry and have sucked the life out of it's artists for far too long and it is most definitely time to stand up and say enough is enough dammit.

Robbie, if you are reading this, go get em mate. Stick it right up them. I am sure that, apart from myself, many many members of ATS will agree with this and support you.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Damn Ive gone and done it again, at least this time I caught myself out

There is a thread already on this topic located at www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods lock/delete this at your pleasure

join