It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Camp Advertising on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the little banner on the homepage (not discussion board) trying to tear down Kerry? I know that the admins don't have anything to do with it, but do the GOP decide where to run their commercials?

If so, why conspiracy related websites?

*Mod's you can delete this, I just thought I'd point it out.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
May be a bit of a stupid question but.. GOP?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
GOP - Grand Ol' Party or the Congressional Republicans Committee.

This is what I'm talking about:

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
May be a bit of a stupid question but.. GOP?

YIKES! I'm Canadian and I know that one, your avatar and quote would suggest a deeper understanding than you apparently have

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
At first I did'nt see it because I use Mozilla with built in add blocker so I tried Internet Explorer on which I did'nt see it either untill I switched off my firewall's add blocker option. I only see the google adds.

So if you don't want to see those adds you can always switch to Mozilla, it's better anyway.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Na it's alright, I'll keep my IE. I know there are always random ad's, it's just that this one caught my eye. Thought there might be some motive behind it lol, god I'm paranoid...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
how do random ads get picked? by money. is it possible that random ad services are paid to play more of a parties ads, and those websites subscribing to them get those ads.

and that conspiracy theory is bigger in the midwest and south than in the cities (i think), where repub might be more willing to spend money advertising?

i dont know much about website hosting, so if none of this makes sense just tell me.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The ad campaigns that are displayed on the main abovetopsecret.com site are fully selectable (and deselectable).

The campaigns are hosted by Fastclick, an on-line advertising agency. The different campaigns do have priorty loading over others based on the advertiser's preferences and initial campaign requirements.

While I can choose to disable certain campaigns, this is a rarity.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by SimonGray]

top topics

join