It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout bill loops in green tech, IRS snooping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Bailout bill loops in green tech, IRS snooping

news.cnet.com

IRS undercover operations: Privacy invasion?
The bailout bill also gives the Internal Revenue Service new authority to conduct undercover operations. It would immunize the IRS from a passel of federal laws, including permitting IRS agents to run businesses for an extended sting operation, to open their own personal bank accounts with U.S. tax dollars, and so on. (Think IRS agents posing as accountants or tax preparers and saying, "I'm not sure if that deduction is entirely legal, but it'll save you $1,000. Want to take it?")
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, this was another addition sneaked into the bill that wasn't talked about in the MSM BEFORE the vote, even as Sen. Schumer had promised this:
"We will not Christmas-tree this bill," Sen. Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat promised a few days ago. "The times are too urgent. Everyone has their own desires and needs. It's going to have to wait."

So much for that idea.

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Do they possibly mean by setting up businesses that they will be making transactions with companies, then at the end of year compare the numbers to see if they lie or not?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This latest round of shredding the US constitution makes me wonder how much more the people of the USA will take?

They, the people of the USA, have allowed an election to be stolen, have allowed the leader of the United States of America to lie to the people of the USA concerning 911 and the war in Iraq, they have allowed their individual freedom to be squandered by the patriot act, they have given the Fed. dictorial powers ( with no historical context in the short history of the United States of America), they allow more citizens to be imprisoned then any other country in the world and now they allow the goverment to saddle them with a 700 billion dollar tax. ( or more)

To add insult to injury they now allow the IRS to spy and set up sting operations.

Only a very, very few take action.......probably, I would guess, 20,000 persons give or take, out of a population of 200 million.

Of course to be fair I just read an article that stated that out of 1000 persons interviewed only 6 could name the current Speaker of the House.

So with that kind of dumbing down of a nation I guess it is not surprising that very few would take any sort of action.

I am about to read the Mars book on the 4th Reich before it is outlawed by the American goverment as it slips the noose over the neck of freedom, calling those who love freedom terrorists, pull the lever, displaying to all the world what the United States is all about.

Slavery.

edit ONE person in the senate predicted this bailout a few years ago...here is the quote from the article....

• Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who correctly predicted in 2003 that taxpayers would be "forced to bail out investors," said in a speech on the House floor that the legislation would "only further harm the economy" and was actually worse than the previous version. In a CNN interview, the former Republican presidential candidate said his colleagues are refusing to deal with the underlying problems and spending more tax dollars even though "this country's bankrupt."

[edit on 4-10-2008 by whiteraven]

new topics

top topics

join